20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12.20 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.79 (19% Off)|
- Audio Commentary with Director Richard Fleischer and Classic Film Historian Rudy Behlmer
- The Making of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Featurette
- Jules Verne & Walt Disney - Explorers of the Imagination Behind-The-Scenes Featurette
- Touring the Nautilus
- Much, Much More!
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 7 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 13, 2003
- Originally Released: 1954
- Label: Walt Disney Video
- 2-Disc Set
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.55
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.55
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- THX Certified Audio
- Additional Release Material:
- Behind the Scenes
- Shorts: "Grand Canyonscope"
- Additional Audio Material: Captain Nemo's Organ Music
- Comparisons: Film-to-Storyboard Comparison
- Audio Commentary: Richard Fleischer - Director, Rudy Behlmer - Historian
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Radio Spots
- Peter Lorre's ADR Tracks
- THE MAKING OF 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA
- The Humboltsquid: Real Sea Monster!
- The Musical Legacy of Paul Smith
- Touring The Nautilus
- Lost Treasure: The Sunset Squid Sequence
- Monsters of The Deep
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
- Production Art
- Movie Merchandise
- Script Excerpt
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Kirk Douglas, James Mason, Peter Lorre & Paul Lukas|
|Directed by||Richard Fleischer|
|Edited by||Elmo Williams|
|Music by||Paul J. Smith|
|Screenwriting by||Earl Felton|
|Story by||Jules Verne|
|Director of Photography:||Franz Planer|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Description by Buena Vista Home Entertainment.:
- The film is 127 minutes, the supplemental material 69 minutes.
- Color by Technicolor; shot in CinemaScope.
- Additional credits: Joseph S. Dubin (orchestrations), Ralph Hammeras (special effects photography), Til Gabbani (underwater photography), Lou Hippe (makeup/hairstylist), Norman Martien (costumer), James Havens (2nd unit director), Tom Connors Jr. & Russ Haverick (assistant directors).
- Copyright The Walt Disney Company 1954.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 30306 ratings.
Although this movie gets hokey at times, thanks to Kirk Douglas' somewhat buffoonish portrayal of captured whaling harpoonist Ned Land and James Mason's somewhat stiltily-portrayed Captain Nemo, it is, none-the-less a powerful depiction of one brilliant man's violent revenge against the hated governments which have murdered his family in their brutal attempts to steal the secret of nuclear-electric energy from Nemo. Nemo -- along with his hand-picked and loyal-unto-death crew of political fugitives from all nations -- have used Nemo's brilliant ideas to create the magnificent and much-feared submarine Nautilus, with which they constantly roam the seas, sinking all warships by ripping through their wooden hulls at ferocious speed with the powerful iron-hulled Nautilus. But Ned Land only dreams of his eventual freedom, and does everything he can to escape. This is high adventure for the whole family.
- Sales Rank: 582
- UPC: 786936192476
- Shipping Weight: 0.26/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 2 items