|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.40 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.60 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Rated: G
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 6 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 7, 2002
- Originally Released: 1960
- Label: Walt Disney Video
- 2-Disc Set
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- THX Mastered Audio
- Additional Release Material:
- Making Of: "Adventure in the Making: Walt Disney's SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON"
- Featurette: "Lost and Found: The Swiss Family Treehouse"
- Shorts: Original Animated Short That Accompanied the Film
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
- Interactive Tour: "Inside the Disney Archives"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Dorothy McGuire, James MacArthur, Janet Munro, Sessue Hayakawa, Tommy Kirk, Kevin Corcoran & Cecil Parker|
|Directed by||Ken Annakin|
|Edited by||Peter Boita|
|Screenwriting by||Lowell S. Hawley|
|Composition by||William Alwyn & Muir Mathieson|
|Cinematography by||Harry Waxman|
|Produced by||Bill Anderson & Bill Anderson|
Rating: 4/5 -- Classic family adventure with pirates and animals on an exotic island. What's not to love?
...With terrific action...
This feels like a believable family, even if the treehouse is a little over the top. Full Review
Rachel's Reviews (YouTube)
Rating: 1/4 -- ...a crudely calibrated series of 'thrills,' each timed for maximum sustained interest. Full Review
It's hard to imagine how the picture could be better as a rousing, humorous and gentle-hearted tale of family love amid primitive isolation and dangers. Full Review
New York Times
Rating: 4/5 -- The escapist atmosphere is still difficult to resist.
Rating: B+ -- Chock-full of exotic locations and animals, desert-island DIY ingenuity, and high-spirited excitement, with a poignant subplot involving the rivalry of the two elder sons. Full Review
Decent Films Guide
Fleeing from Napoleonic oppression, the Robinson family get shipwrecked and marooned on an island inhabited by tigers, elephants and zebras. They soon feel at home, once their majestic tree house--complete with running water--is set up. However, the Robinson's must face a danger even greater than nature: treacherous pirates!
Description by Buena Vista Home Entertainment:
Swiss Family Robinson
One of Disney's biggest and most fondly remembered hits, the spectacular screen version of the literary classic SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON is full of breathtaking South Seas scenery, hundreds of exotic animals, and treacherous pirates. This heroic tale chronicles the courageous exploits of the Robinson family after they are shipwrecked on a deserted island. Using teamwork and ingenuity, they skillfully overcome the obstacles of nature and transform their new home into a "civilized" community. But the ultimate challenge lies ahead when a band of cutthroat pirates threaten to destroy the Robinson's Makeshift paradise. Capture the thrills, romance, and fun of this unforgettable Disney film!
Action | Adventure | Family Interaction | Wilderness | Children | Recommended | Stranded / Castaway | Theatrical Release
- This home video version of "Swiss Family Robinson" is part of Disney's Exclusive Archive collection. In addition to the digitally mastered film, it includes interviews with actress Dorothy McGuire and director Ken Annakin, the complete syndicated cartoon strip based on the film, the original theatrical trailer, comparisons between the storyboards and the actual film, production photos, and a short film on the film's production, "Escape to Paradise."
- Filmed in Technicolor.
Adventures of the Wilderness Family Triple Feature (The...
$8.40 Super Savings
The Black Hole