|SUPER SAVINGS:||$7.65 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.34 (23% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: G
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 6 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 7, 2002
- Originally Released: 1960
- Label: Walt Disney Video
- 2-Disc Set
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- THX Mastered Audio
- Additional Release Material:
- Making Of: "Adventure in the Making: Walt Disney's SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON"
- Featurette: "Lost and Found: The Swiss Family Treehouse"
- Shorts: Original Animated Short That Accompanied the Film
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
- Interactive Tour: "Inside the Disney Archives"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Dorothy McGuire, James MacArthur, Janet Munro, Sessue Hayakawa, Tommy Kirk, Kevin Corcoran & Cecil Parker|
|Directed by||Ken Annakin|
|Edited by||Peter Boita|
|Screenwriting by||Lowell S. Hawley|
|Composition by||William Alwyn & Muir Mathieson|
|Cinematography by||Harry Waxman|
|Produced by||Bill Anderson, Bill Anderson & Bill Anderson|
USA Today - 12/10/1993
"...With terrific action..."
"...With terrific action..."
Fleeing from Napoleonic oppression, the Robinson family get shipwrecked and marooned on an island inhabited by tigers, elephants and zebras. They soon feel at home, once their majestic tree house--complete with running water--is set up. However, the Robinson's must face a danger even greater than nature: treacherous pirates!
Description by Buena Vista Home Entertainment:
Swiss Family Robinson
One of Disney's biggest and most fondly remembered hits, the spectacular screen version of the literary classic SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON is full of breathtaking South Seas scenery, hundreds of exotic animals, and treacherous pirates. This heroic tale chronicles the courageous exploits of the Robinson family after they are shipwrecked on a deserted island. Using teamwork and ingenuity, they skillfully overcome the obstacles of nature and transform their new home into a "civilized" community. But the ultimate challenge lies ahead when a band of cutthroat pirates threaten to destroy the Robinson's Makeshift paradise. Capture the thrills, romance, and fun of this unforgettable Disney film!
Action | Adventure | Family Interaction | Wilderness | Children | Recommended | Stranded / Castaway | Theatrical Release
- This home video version of "Swiss Family Robinson" is part of Disney's Exclusive Archive collection. In addition to the digitally mastered film, it includes interviews with actress Dorothy McGuire and director Ken Annakin, the complete syndicated cartoon strip based on the film, the original theatrical trailer, comparisons between the storyboards and the actual film, production photos, and a short film on the film's production, "Escape to Paradise."
- Filmed in Technicolor.
- Sales Rank: 1,271
- UPC: 786936143836
- Shipping Weight: 0.23/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s,... (DVD-R) TOP 10 Bestseller
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up... TOP 10 Bestseller
$1.98 Super Savings
Lighter Than Air History: The History of Airships, Blimps &... (DVD-R) TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
Great Hollywood Actors on Television, Volume 2 (DVD-R) TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
Mickey Mouse Club - Best of The Mickey Mouse Club (DVD)
$5.21 Super Savings