Who knew it was so much fun to be a hooker?
|You Save:||$1.60 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours, 5 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 6, 2005
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Touchstone / Disney
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English, French
- Subtitles - French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Music Video: "Wild Women Do" - Natalie Cole
- Bloopers: Blooper Reel
- Clips & Highlights - Live from Wrap Party
- Audio Commentary: Garry Marshall - Director (All New)
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- LA: THE PRETTY WOMAN TOUR
- 1990 Production Featurette
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Julia Roberts & Richard Gere|
|Performer:||Hector Elizondo, Jason Alexander, Laura San Giacomo, Ralph Bellamy, Billy Gallo, Larry Miller, Larry Hankin, Tracy Reiner, Tom Nolan, John David Carson, Amzie Strickland, Michael French, Dey Young, Lloyd Nelson, Joseph Campanella, Judith Baldwin, Rodney Kageyama, Hank Azaria, Stacy Keach, Sr., Valorie Armstrong, Amy Yasbeck, Abdul Salaam el Razzac, James Patrick Dunne, Patrick Richwood, Elinor Donahue & Alex Hyde-White|
|Directed by||Garry Marshall|
|Edited by||Patricia Nedd|
|Screenwriting by||J.F. Lawton|
|Composition by||James Newton Howard|
|Produced by||Arnon Milchan & Steven Reuther|
|Director of Photography:||Chuck Minsky|
Rating: 3/5 -- The movie's most outrageous high-concept moment - the stretch limo, private jet, opera - is pure camp. Full Review
4 stars out of 5 -- [S]illy, snazzy escapism that reminds us of simpler times.
Between a woman who sells her body and a man who sells shares there is no difference: There was no greater example of postmodernity than this. [Full Review in Spanish] Full Review
The message is plain: Men, especially rich men, have all the power. So be sure to do what they tell you, and maybe they'll treat you nicely. Full Review
Christian Science Monitor
Roberts' break-out movie...
...This flick was all about Julia...
The Roberts smile - full-lipped, a mile wide and gleaming - is the closest the movies have yet come to capturing sunshine. Such dazzle should not be taken lightly. Full Review
In the Cinderella story that made Julia Roberts a star, a corporate raider hires a hooker to pose as his girlfriend for a week... and falls in love. Meanwhile, she wonders if the straight life - with him - might be a dream come true. Academy Award Nominations: Best Actress--Julia Roberts.
Description by Buena Vista Home Entertainment.:
Pretty Woman: 15th Anniversary Special Edition
This 15th Anniversary celebration of PRETTY WOMAN is even more irresistible than ever with all-new, never-before-seen special features you'll love at first sight. Academy Award(R) Winner Julia Roberts (Best Actress, ERIN BROCKOVICH, 2000) is a spirited, streetwise diamond in the rough when she meets a no-nonsense billionaire played by Golden Globe winner Richard Gere (Best Actor In A Motion Picture -- Musical Or Comedy, CHICAGO, 2002). It's a chance encounter that turns a weeklong business arrangement into a timeless rags-to-riches romance. This Special Edition will seduce you with all the comedy, charm, and passion you remember about this classic -- plus more!
While driving back to his Beverly Hills hotel, millionaire corporate raider Edward Lewis takes a wrong turn and ends up on Hollywood Boulevard, where he meets prostitute Vivian Ward. She steers him back to his hotel, charming him along the way, and he decides to hire her for the rest of the evening. In the morning, Edward realizes that he could use an escort for the week, so he hands Vivian $3000 to stay -- and sends her on a fantasy shopping spree. What begins as a purely business transaction develops into something more, but can a poor prostitute and a rich businessman really live happily ever after'
Prostitution | Romance | Recommended | Blockbuster | Theatrical Release | Romantic Comedy | Friendships | Romances | Prostitutes / Whores | Essential Cinema | Sexy Women
- Script was developed at the Sundance Film Institute. According to the July 1991 "Esquire," Robert Garland, Stephen Metcalfe, and Barbara Benedek all contributed to the development of the screenplay. Earlier versions of the screenplay were more downbeat and realistic, emphasizing the darker side of the relationships. Director Garry Marshall is often credited with turning the film into a more romantic, upbeat fairy tale.
- The film utilizes clips from the film "Charade" (1963) and the television series "I Love Lucy."
- Lee Ashley arranged and performed Vivaldi's "Four Seasons."
- Shot on location in Los Angeles, California in Technicolor, beginning July 24, 1989 and completed October 18, 1989, using Panavision equipment. Titles and opticals by Cinema Research Corporation and main title design by Robert Dawson.
- Screened at the 1990 Taormina Film Festival, Deauville Film Festival, and Cairo International Film Festival.
- Released in USA March 23, 1990. Released on video October 19, 1990.
- Reviewed in New York Times and Los Angeles Times March 23, 1990, and in Monthly Film Bulletin May, 1990.
- Another working title for the film was "3000" or "Three Thousand," referring to the amount of money Julia Roberts' character was paid for her services.
- Additional music credits: Peter Cox and Richard Drummie also wrote "King of Wishful Thinking." Carlos Alomar wrote "Fame," Allen Powell wrote "Life in Detail," Scott Cutler wrote "Tangled," William Deese wrote "Pretty Woman," Karen Hernandez wrote and performed "Five for Louie," Johnny O'Keefe and Dave Owen wrote "Real Wild Child (Wild One)," performed by Christopher Ocasek, Matthew Wilder and Sam Lorber wrote "Wild Women Do," The Grand Dominion Jazz Band performed "One Sweet Letter from You" and "You Don't Understand," and Lauren Wood wrote and performed "It Must Have Been Love."
- Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Copyright 1990 Touchstone Pictures.
Davy Crockett: King of the Wild Frontier / Davy Crockett...
$11.70 Spring Sale
The Absent-Minded Professor / Son of Flubber (2-DVD)
$11.70 Spring Sale
Red Skelton - Christmas Classics (Includes Colorized and...
$3.98 Spring Sale