She makes dinner. She does windows. She reads bedtime stories. She's a blessing... in disguise.
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$5.80 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$0.80 (7% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-4 business days
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 2 hours, 5 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 3, 2015
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Robin Williams, Sally Field & Pierce Brosnan|
|Performer:||Lisa Jakub, Matthew Lawrence, Mara Wilson, Robert Prosky, Polly Holliday, Harvey Fierstein & Martin Mull|
|Directed by||Chris Columbus|
|Edited by||Raja Gosnell|
|Screenplay by||Leslie Dixon & Randi Mayem Singer|
|Composition by||Howard Shore|
|Produced by||Mark Radcliffe & Robin Williams|
|Director of Photography:||Donald McAlpine|
Although overly sappy in places and probably 20 minutes too long, this Robin Williams-in-drag vehicle provides the comic a slick surface for doing his shtick, within a story possessing broad family appeal.
Rating: 3/5 -- The dress, the mask and Mrs. Doubtfire's gentility are inherently limiting, but nothing holds Mr. Williams back when he's on a roll.
New York Times
...Nothing holds [Williams] back when he's on a roll...
New York Times
Rating: B- -- Mrs. Doubtfire is by no means a bad movie-going experience and still holds up as vintage Robin Williams, but it's certainly an odd idea the more you think about it. Full Review
Rating: 3/5 -- The greater story is sacrificed for schticky gags about a guy dressing as an old woman. Full Review
...Williams is hilarious... -- Rating: B
This comedy's warm and soothing nature will give mainstream audiences in these dysfunctional-family times a perfect holiday uplift. Full Review
When an irresponsible and child-like dad is barred from seeing his kids he disguises himself as a woman and applies for the job of housekeeper for his ex-wife. The disguise of a sturdy matron works a beneficial change on him as well -- but how long can he keep this up' Academy Awards: Best Makeup.
An unemployed actor loses custody of his children after his wife leaves him. Desperate to spend more time with the kids, the crafty thespian decides to dress up as a 60-year-old British woman and interview with his ex-wife for a nanny position. He lands the job, but he'll have to give the performance of his life to keep it.
- FoxVideo laserdisc #8607-85 is a Widescreen Collector's Edition of the film. This THX laserdisc includes interviews with cast and crew members, footage cut from the theatrical release, makeup tests, original theatrical trailers, production stills, an alternate audio track commentary, among other supplementary materials.
- Shot in Panavision. Color by DeLuxe.
- Title design by Nina Saxon; titles by Pacific Title.
- Body suits for "Mrs. Doubtfire" were made by Linda Benavente Notaro.
- Animal action supervised by The American Humane Association.
- Soundtrack available on Fox Records.
- Special thanks went to San Francisco Film and Video Arts Commission; the City of San Francisco and the San Francisco Police Department.
- Post-production sound services by Skywalker Sound; services by The Film Unit & The Post Group; edited on The Lightworks.
- Bryndon Hasman was Robin Williams' opera coach and Elena Servi was his Italian diction coach.
- Rated BBFC 12 by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Copyright 1993 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation.
- Available to buy in the UK.
Redneck Zombies (20th Anniversary Ed.) (DVD + CD Soundtrack) TOP 10 Bestseller
$3.98 on Sale
The Who and Friends In Concert - TCT: Concert For Teenage... TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
99¢ on Sale
Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful... TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$5.95 on Sale