Beetlejuice (Deluxe Edition)
He's guaranteed to put some life in your afterlife.
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$6 Limited Time Only|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 7, 2009
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Lenticular O-Card - Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - Music Only Track
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Bonus Shorts - Beetlejuice Cartoon Episodes (3)
- Skeletons In The Closet
- Spooky Boo-tique)
- Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Michael Keaton, Geena Davis, Alec Baldwin & Winona Ryder|
|Performer:||Catherine O'Hara, Jeffrey Jones, Susan Kellerman, Glenn Shadix, Robert Goulet, Dick Cavett, Duane Davis, Sylvia Sidney, Maurice Page, Hugo Stanger, J.J. Saunders, Douglas Turner, Tony Cox, Rachel Mittelman, Adele Lutz, Bob Pettersen, Mark Ettlinger, Annie McEnroe, Maree Cheatham & Gary Jochimsen|
|Directed by||Tim Burton|
|Edited by||Jane Kurson|
|Screenwriting by||Warren Skaaren|
|Composition by||Danny Elfman|
|Story by||Larry Wilson & Michael McDowell|
|Produced by||Michael Bender & Richard Hashimoto|
|Director of Photography:||Thomas E. Ackerman|
Academy Awards 1988 - Best Makeup
Rating: 4/5 -- [Tim] Burton's marvellously imaginative view of the afterlife as a ghoulish extension of mundane earthbound problems is a visionary masterstroke crammed with wit and invention. Full Review
...[A] mind-boggling, sporran-whirring fantasy-reality teaser...
Tim Burton's second feature has Michael Keaton doing a sensational star turn in the title role of a self-styled bio-exorcist. After two decades the film remains one of the funniest ghost stories ever made.
Wall Street Journal
The film is a dazzling display of director Tim Burton's unique pop culture sensibility. Full Review
Los Angeles Times
Rating: 4/5 -- Amazingly, it all still feels fresh, even though Burton has since become something of his own franchise since. Full Review
Beetlejuice seems above all categorization, a fearlessly original piece of work. Full Review
Rating: 10/10 -- Beetlejuice is so memorable and iconic because Burton took chances and dared to be different. Full Review
We Live Entertainment
In the surreal, wonderfully cartoon-like comedy BEETLEJUICE, a childless couple, Barbara and Adam (Geena Davis and Alec Baldwin), move to the country only to be killed in a car accident while passing over a quaint covered bridge. Their ghosts return to their beloved Victorian home, and find the HANDBOOK FOR THE RECENTLY DECEASED, which not only lets them know they're dead, but comes in handy when they learn that they can continue to live in their house, even though a new family--from the land of the living--is moving in. The new owners, fresh from the city, are quite a strange group themselves, and include the overpowering hipster mom Delia (Catherine O'Hara), her pompous SoHo interior designer Otho (Glenn Shadix), her meek husband Charles (Jeffrey Jones), and their morose teenage daughter Lydia (Winona Ryder), who befriends the ghostly couple. Though the threesome attempt to scare Delia from ruining the house with redecoration and her unpleasant personality, their attempts fail. As a last resort, they call upon the services of the demented, terrifying, but hilarious "bioexorcist," "Beetlejuice" (Michael Keaton). Director Tim Burton scores big with witty site gags, incredible special effects and sets, and a unique ensemble of characters. BEETLEJUICE is a visually inventive and imaginative comedy taken to a uniquely grotesque and funny level by the manic performance of Michael Keaton in the title role.
Description by Warner Home Video:
What's a couple of stay-at-home ghosts to do when their beloved home is taken over by trendy yuppies' They call on Beetlejuice, the afterlife's freelance bio-exorcist to scare off the family - and everyone gets more than she, he or it bargains for! Tim Burton guides this PG-rated comedy monsterpiece whose stars include Alec Baldwin, Geena Davis, and Winona Ryder. And Michael Keaton is Beetlejuice, the ghost with the most who flings one-liners, spins into grotesque forms, gobbles insects, and who just can't leave the ladies (living or dead) alone. Ghoul love it!
- BEETLEJUICE is number 88 on the American Film Institute's list of America's 100 Funniest Movies.
- Director Tim Burton cast Michael Keaton in his next film--in the starring role of Batman, a complete departure from the character Beetlejuice.
- Burton brought his animator sensibility to the make-up, effects, and sets of BEETLEJUICE, using stop-motion, animation and pixilation effects in some of the scenes.
- Dick Cavett, who played fancy New York dinner guest Bernard, is best known as a high-brow talk show host.
- Burton repeatedly cast Winona Ryder, Jeffrey Jones, and Catherine O'Hara in several of his other films.
- BEETLEJUICE won an Academy Award for Best Makeup.
- Sales Rank: 1,476
- UPC: 883929003556
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2-DVD) TOP 10 Bestseller