My Cousin Vinny
Truth, Justice and the Gambini Way
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$5.80 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$0.80 (7% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 59 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 25, 2000
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: 20Th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case - Sensormatic
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Surround - English, French
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Jonathan Lynn - Director
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Selection
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Joe Pesci & Marisa Tomei|
|Performer:||Ralph Macchio, Mitchell Whitfield, Fred Gwynne, Chris Ellis, Lane Smith, Austin Pendleton, Bruce McGill, James Rebhorn & Maury Chaykin|
|Directed by||Jonathan Lynn|
|Edited by||Tony Lombardo|
|Screenwriting by||Dale Launer|
|Composition by||Randy Edelman|
|Cinematography by||Peter Deming|
|Produced by||Dale Launer & Paul Schiff|
|Director of Photography:||Peter Deming & Paul Schiff|
Academy Awards 1992 - Best Supporting Actress: Marisa Tomei
Rating: 3/4 -- With such canny scene-stealers as Gwynne, Smith, Pendleton, McGill and Chaykin filling out the cast, it is very hard for My Cousin Vinny to go wrong, and indeed, for the purpose of pleasant Saturday night entertainment, it does not. Full Review
Rating: 2.5/4 -- The movie sags as Vinny sets out to demolish the patently shaky case and dubious witnesses for the prosecution. Pesci does his best, but a lawyer's suit on him becomes a straitjacket. Full Review
...MY COUSIN VINNY is easily the most inventive and enjoyable American film farce in a long time....[Tomei] gives every indication of being a fine comedian...
New York Times
...Marisa Tomei has the mischievous sparkle of a born star....Pesci and Tomei make a first-rate team...
Rating: 2.5/4 -- I don't want to oversell My Cousin Vinny. It's hardly brilliant. But it's easygoing and occasionally quite funny and ultimately satisfying. Full Review
Marisa Tomei, as Vinny's fiancée, imbues the most obligatory reactions with either a startling ferocity or a farcical ambiguity worthy of her character's name: Mona Lisa Vito.
...Tomei is a sexy, comic find...
Two carefree pals traveling through Alabama are mistakenly arrested and charged with murder. Fortunately, one of them has a cousin who's a lawyer. When Vinny arrives in Alabama with his leather-clad girlfriend, it's a real shock for all of them! Academy Awards: Best Supporting Actress--Marisa Tomei.
New York City lawyer Vinny Gambini ventures into the deep South with his loud-mouthed, big-haired girlfriend in tow to free his cousin Bill and Bill's friend after they are mistakenly accused of murdering a convenience-store clerk. Unfortunately, Vinny passed the bar (after 6 failed attempts!) only a few weeks before, and has never even seen the inside of a courtroom. But no Gambini has lost an argument yet.
- Estimated budget $11.9 million.
- Shot at the Lee Arrendale Correctional Facility in Alto, Georgia, and in Monticello and Covington, Georgia. Filming began February 11, 1991; completed April 22, 1991. Color by Deluxe. Title design by Saxon/Ross Film Design Inc. Titles and opticals by Pacific Title.
- Released theatrically in the USA March 13, 1992. Released on video October 1, 1992.
- Reviewed in New York Times and Los Angeles Times on March 13, 1992.
- Copyright 1992 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation.
- Sales Rank: 381
- UPC: 024543005322
- Shipping Weight: 0.16/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2-DVD) TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$6 Super Savings