Sully (Blu-ray + DVD)
The Untold Story Behind the Miracle on the Hudson.
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$7.60 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.40 (24% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Released: December 20, 2016
- Originally Released: 2018
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Sully Sullenberger: The Man Behind The Miracle
- The difference between disaster and deliverance rested on the character of the man with his hands on the controls
- Moment by Moment: Averting Disaster on the Hudson
- Captain Sullenberger, copilot Jeff Skiles and air traffic controller Patrick Harten take us step by step through the 208 harrowing seconds of Flight 1549
- Neck Deep in the Hudson: Shooting Sully Director Clint Eastwood and Producers Frank Marshall and Allyn Stewart reaveal how Flight 1549's terrifying splashdown in the Hudson River was captured on film
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Aaron Eckhart, Valerie Mahaffey, Mike O'Malley, Jamey Sheridan, Anna Gunn, Holt McCallany, Molly Hagan, Jeff Kober, Ann Cusack, Chris Bauer, Jerry Ferrara & Laura Linney|
|Directed by||Clint Eastwood|
|Edited by||Blu Murray|
|Screenplay by||Todd Komarnicki|
|Produced by||Clint Eastwood, Frank Marshall, Tim Moore & Allyn Stewart|
|Director of Photography:||Tom Stern|
[I]t’s an effectively thrilling story of quietly unassuming, can-do American heroism—the kind, sadly, we don’t get to witness much these days. -- Grade: B
Efficient and effective in Eastwood's experienced hands, SULLY has interwoven a crisp and electric retelling of the story of the landing we know with a story we do not, a version of what happened behind the scenes...
Los Angeles Times
Rating: A- -- Has some interesting things to say about media and our need for heroes. Full Review
The movie is economical and solid, and generally low-key when it’s not freaking you out....Mr. Eastwood is also very good at his job, a talent that gives the movie its tension along with an autobiographical sheen.
New York Times
The climax, understated yet triumphant, simply gives us the catastrophe as it was experienced in the frame of the cockpit, choice by hectic, coolheaded choice. It’s a surprisingly successful gambit.
Rating: 4/5 -- Surprisingly short, Sully, is a fine little gem of a film, not as sweeping in scope as some of Eastwood's films but probably one of his best. Full Review
We Are Movie Geeks
3 stars out of 5 -- It’s well-made and impeccably acted by all concerned, while the re-enactment of the emergency landing itself -- which we get to see twice -- is convincing down to the last detail.
Tom Hanks stars in this portrait of airline pilot Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger, which depicts his successful emergency landing of an Airbus A320 on the Hudson River in January 2009. In the aftermath of this unprecedented and heroic feat, the traumatized pilot must endure second-guessing by investigators, the weight of sudden fame, and his own doubts about his actions that fateful day. Anna Gunn, Laura Linney, and Aaron Eckhart co-star. Directed by Clint Eastwood.
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2-DVD) TOP 100 Bestseller
$6 Super Savings