Lincoln (Blu-ray + DVD)
With the moral courage and fierce determination to succeed, his choices will change the fate of generations to come.
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$11.70 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.29 (22% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 2 hours, 29 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 26, 2013
- Originally Released: 2012
- Label: Walt Disney Video
- Blu-ray/DVD Features:
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Disc 1 - Blu-ray feature film + bonus
- The journey to Lincoln - Steve Spielberg and his collaborators discuss the challenges and excitement of bringing this story of a complex and very human president to the screen
- A historical tapestry: Richmond, Virginia - Steven Spielberg and team discuss the historical significance of Richmand, Virginia, and why they chose to shoot the film there
- Disc 2 - DVD feature film + bonus
- The journey to Lincoln
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Daniel Day-Lewis, Sally Field, David Strathairn, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, James Spader, Hal Holbrook & Tommy Lee Jones|
|Directed by||Steven Spielberg|
|Screenwriting by||Tony Kushner|
|Music Performer:||Chicago Symphony Orchestra|
|Composition by||John Williams|
|Director of Photography:||Janusz Kaminski|
[Daniel Day-Lewis] eases into a role of epic difficulty as if it were a coat he had been wearing for years.
New York Times
Lincoln is a revealing window of the backroom political deals that go into the process of the abolition of slavery and uniting of the nation, as well as Lincoln's own personal relationships with his family. Full Review
San Diego Entertainer
Rating: 3.5/4 -- A haunting performance that is one of Lewis' finest in a career filled with towering achievements, proving yet again that he is arguably our greatest living actor. Full Review
The Dispatch (Lexington, NC)
3.5 stars out of 4 -- The phenomenal Daniel Day-Lewis plays Lincoln with the immersive, indelible power of an actor who wears his role like a second skin....This is acting of the highest order.
The movie is grand and immersive. It plugs us into the final months of Lincoln's presidency with a purity that makes us feel transported as though by time machine. -- Grade: A
Day-Lewis captures both Lincoln's human side and the qualities that turned him into an icon in his own lifetime, portraying the charisma that made him such an effective politician...
A brilliant actor surpasses even himself and makes us see a celebrated figure in ways we hadn't anticipated. This is the power and the surprise of LINCOLN.
Los Angeles Times
Steven Spielberg helms his long-in-the-making biopic of Abraham Lincoln for DreamWorks and Touchstone Pictures. Daniel Day-Lewis portrays the former head of state in the Tony Kushner-penned adaptation of Doris Kearns Goodwin's book TEAM OF RIVALS, which chronicles the President's time in office between 1861 and 1865 as he dealt with personal demons and politics during the Civil War. Sally Field leads a co-starring cast that includes Tommy Lee Jones, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Academy Award nominee John Hawkes.
- Sales Rank: 34,278
- UPC: 786936833140
- Shipping Weight: 0.22/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 2 items
The Sound of Music (50th Anniversary Ed.) (Blu-ray)
$15.40 Super Savings