Mary Poppins (50th Anniversary Edition) (Blu-ray + DVD)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$17.60 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.39 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-4 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: G
- Run Time: 2 hours, 19 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 10, 2013
- Originally Released: 1964
- Label: Walt Disney Video
- Blu-ray/DVD Features:
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: English SDH
- All-new becoming mr. sherman - enjoy a conversation between legendary composer Richard Sherman and actor Jason Schwartzman (who plays Richard Sherman In Saving Mr. Banks) about writing songs for Mary Poppins
- All-new mary-oke sing-along
- Deleted song "Chimpanzoo"
- A magical reunion with Julie Andrews, Dick Van Dyke and Richard Sherman
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious: the making of Mary Poppins
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.66
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Julie Andrews & Dick Van Dyke|
|Performer:||David Tomlinson, Glynis Johns, Hermione Baddeley, Karen Dotrice, Matthew Garber, Reta Shaw, Elsa Lanchester, Arthur Treacher, Reginald Owen, Ed Wynn, Jane Darwell, Arthur Malet, Cyril Delevanti, Lester Matthews, Clive L. Halliday, Donald Barclay, Marjorie Bennett, Alma Lawton, Marjorie Eaton, Doris Lloyd, Major Sam Harris & James Logan|
|Directed by||Robert Stevenson|
|Edited by||Cotton Warburton|
|Screenwriting by||Bill Walsh & Don DaGradi|
|Composition by||Irwin Kostal|
|Lyricist:||Richard M. Sherman & Robert B. Sherman|
|Story by||P.L. Travers|
|Produced by||Walt Disney & Bill Walsh|
|Director of Photography:||Edward Colman|
Academy Awards 1964 - Best Actress: Julie Andrews
Academy Awards 1964 - Best Film Editing: Cotton Warburton
Academy Awards 1964 - Best Original Score: Richard M. Sherman & Robert B. Sherman
Academy Awards 1964 - Best Original Song: Richard M. Sherman & Robert B. Sherman
Academy Awards 1964 - Best Special Visual Effects
Rating: A- -- Van Dyke and Andrews have great chemistry together, but it's really her interaction with the children and the magic of the story and the visual effects that charm audiences. Full Review
Family Home Theater
Mixing real-life action with animation to charming effect, it is still Julie Andrew's iconic performance that remains this film's cheeriest pleasure...
Rating: A+ -- I think it's arguable one of the best family films ever made. Full Review
Rachel's Reviews (YouTube)
Rating: 4.5/5 -- Whether the movie's message is Travers-approved or not, the emphasis on joy and empathy proves heartening, even today. Full Review
[T]he Poppins character was played to comely perfection by squeaky-clean Andrews, who won an Oscar.
The animation sequences suffer from Disney's animals-are-just-like people coyness, and the plot is too goody-good for words. But even the worst parts are saved by an air of innocent enjoyment. Full Review
The sets are luxuriant, the songs lilting, the scenario witty but impeccably sentimental, and the supporting cast only a pinfeather short of perfection. Full Review
A magical, musical nanny brings a breath of fresh air into the stuffy Banks household in turn-of-the-century England. Overstuffed with gaiety, this children's fantasy is filled to the brim with wonderful dance numbers and outrageous songs (such as the seemingly unpronounceable "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"). The film's seamless blending of live-action with animation was a marvel in its day. This is Andrews' film debut and Darwell's last film appearance. Academy Award Nominations: 13, including Best Picture, Best Director, Best (Adapted) Screenplay. Academy Awards: 5, including Best Actress--Julie Andrews, Best Original Score, Best Song ("Chim Chim Cher-ee"), Best Editing, Best Special Visual Effects. Gold Collection Edition features "Hollywood Goes to a World Premiere."
Oscar-winning Disney musical about Mary Poppins, a British nanny with magical powers. She arrives at the home of the Banks family, and with her magical abilities transforms the lives of the entire clan. Mary's strongest influence is over the Banks' children, whom she introduces to a world of fantasy. Film features many classic songs, among them "Chim Chim Cheree." and "Supercalifragilisticexplialidocious."
Adventure | Classic | Fantasy | Children | Recommended | Theatrical Release | Disney Film | Essential Cinema
- Film debut for Julie Andrews, who won an Academy Award for her performance.
- Author, P.L. Travers, served as a consultant on the film.
- Additional cast: James Logan, Alma Lawton, and Marjorie Eaton.
- Additional credits: Dean Thomas (sound mixer), Pat McNalley (makeup); LaRue Matheron (hairstylist); Bill Justice & Xavier Atencio (nursery sequence designers); Hal Ambro (animator); Al Dempster, Art Riley, and Bill Layne (background artists), Nat Farber (dance accompanist).
The Sound of Music (50th Anniversary Ed.) (Blu-ray)
$11.70 Super Savings
- Sales Rank: 14,029
- UPC: 786936836110
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 2 items
The Sword in the Stone (50th Anniversary Ed.) (Blu-ray +...
$18.40 Super Savings
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2-DVD) TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$6 Super Savings