Dark Dreamers: The Best of Dark Dreamers
Alpha New Cinema (series)
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Run Time: 2 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Released: April 11, 2017
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Alpha Video
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Forrest J. Ackerman, Harlan Ellison, Richard Matheson, Bernie Wrightson, Clive Barker, Wes Craven, John Landis, Gahan Wilson & Richard Laymon|
Description by OLDIES.com:
For 26 episodes, award-winning author Stanley Wiater interviewed the greatest artists, writers, and filmmakers in the worlds of science fiction, fantasy, and horror. Now, the very best of those conversations are available for the first time on one DVD, including:
- Forrest J Ackerman -- The legendary editor and founder of Famous Monsters of Filmland. "Forry" served as literary agent to Ray Bradbury, Isaac Asimov, L. Ron Hubbard, and many others.
- Harlan Ellison -- The master fantasist responsible for Dangerous Visions, A Boy and His Dog, and I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream. Called the "20th Century Lewis Carroll" by The Los Angeles Times.
- Richard Matheson -- The famed author of the stories that formed the basis for The Incredible Shrinking Man, The Omega Man, Duel and Somewhere in Time. Screenwriter of many of the most famous episodes of the original Twilight Zone.
- Clive Barker -- The visionary author, director, and visual artist. His work has been adapted into the popular Hellraiser and Candyman film series.
- Wes Craven -- Considered the father of the modern-day horror film for The Last House on the Left and The Hills Have Eyes. Creator of Freddie Krueger and the A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise.
- John Landis -- The irreverent writer-director beloved by horror fans for An American Werewolf in London and Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video, as well as his comedies The Blues Brothers, Animal House, and Trading Places.
- Bernie Wrightson -- Groundbreaking horror artist and co-creator (with Len Wein) of DC Comics' Swamp Thing . Known for his illustrated version of Frankenstein and his collaborations with Stephen King.
- Gahan Wilson -- The acclaimed satirist whose cartoons have appeared in Playboy, The New Yorker, Collier's, and National Lampoon, often accompanied by his own prose.
- Richard Laymon -- A controversial novelist for his work in the "Splatterpunk" genre such as The Cellar and The Beast House, this was the only televised interview Laymon ever gave before his sudden death from a heart attack in 2001.
- Sales Rank: 1,154
- UPC: 089218110497
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item