Capitalism: A Love Story
Ask not what your C.E.O. can do for you, but what you can do for your C.E.O.
|You Save:||$3 (30% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-5 business days
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours, 7 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 9, 2010
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Starz / Anchor Bay
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Exclusive Bonus Material Written and Directed by Michael Moore
- Sorry, House-Flippers and Banks- You're Toast in Flint, MI
- Congressman Cummings Dares to Speak the Unspeakable
- The Omnivore's Dilemma' It's Capitalism
- The Rich Don't Go to Heaven (There's a Special Place Reserved for Them!)
- How to Run the Place Where You Work
- Commie Taxi Drivers - "You Talkin' To Me'" - in Wisconsin
- What If, Just If, We Had Listened to Jimmy Carter in 1979'
- The Socialist Bank of - North Dakota'
- The Banks Kick Them Out, Max Kicks Them Back In
- NY Times Pulitzer Prize Winner Chris Hedges on the Killing Machine Known as Capitalism
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Michael Moore|
|Screenwriting by||Michael Moore|
|Composition by||Jeff Gibbs|
|Produced by||Michael Moore & Anne Moore|
|Executive Production by||Bob Weinstein, Harvey Weinstein & Kathleen Glynn|
3.5 stars out of 4 -- The primary weapon that Moore employs is shame. That corporations and financial institutions continue to exploit the majority of American, including tea baggers and Town Hall demonstrators, is a story that hasn't been told.
The most interesting aspect of Capitalism is a strain of melancholic nostalgia that runs through its latter segments
Little White Lies
Rating: 3/5 -- For all his cheap tactics, Moore mounts a persuasive case that something is rotten in the current economic system. Full Review
Rating: 4/5 -- The film is good fun. Perhaps we have seen it all before, but you could say that of a sunrise. Every sunrise is different and Moore's are usually worth getting out of bed for. Full Review
3 stars out of 5 -- [I]t's about the disturbing times we live in, in which the banks appear to be above government and event the law....A funny and provocative film...
The value of "Capitalism, A Love Story" is not in the moviemaking, it's in the message, and the release that it gives to those struggling right now. Full Review
Rating: 3/5 -- The thesis that rapacious capitalism has horrific social consequences is credible and well illustrated, if hardly eye-opening to European viewers. Full Review
Plenty of excitement--and controversy--is sure to surround this film from decorated documentarian Michael Moore. After previously taking on America's gun culture (BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE), the Bush administration (FAHRENHEIT 9/11), and America's healthcare crisis (SICKO), this timely film addresses what caused the financial crisis that stopped the world in 2008. CAPITALISM: A LOVE STORY finds Moore criticizing the government bailout of privately held businesses.