Jackie Brown [Orginal Motion Picture Soundtrack]
by Various Artists
Entertainment Weekly: Ranked #89 in EW's "100 Best Movie Soundtracks"
|MASSIVE CD SALE:||$8.20|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Released: December 9, 1997
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Maverick
Rolling Stone - 1/22/98, p.583.5 Stars (out of 5) - "...another cinematic aural-history lesson....mixes vintage tunes--many of them soul classics--with bits of dialogue and assorted aural exotica....a seriously soulful sojourn full of great music..."
Entertainment Weekly - 10/12/01, p.44Ranked #89 in EW's "100 Best Movie Soundtracks"
Entertainment Weekly - 1/9/97, pp.66-67"...JACKIE BROWN adds up to a frisky comilation that pumps new life into oldies and introduces you to ones you may have missed. Tarantino still 'tracks it like he talks it..." - Rating: A
NME (Magazine) - 4/4/98, p.417 (out of 10) - "The gimp is back. He's played with his vinyl, squirmed with expectant pleasure and now he's dreaming of funking you silly....an enticing snippet of celluloid highs, while still standing proud as a compilation..."
- 1.Bobby WomackAcross 110th Street
- 2.Beaumont's Lament
- 3.The Brothers JohnsonStrawberry Letter 23
- 4.Melanie, Simone and Sharonda
- 5.Bill WithersWho Is He (And What Is He to You?)
- 6.Johnny CashTennessee Stud
- 7.BloodstoneNatural High
- 8.Pam GrierLong Time Woman
- 9.Detroit 9000
- 10.Foxy Brown(Holy Matrimony) Letter to the Firm
- 11.Randy CrawfordStreet Life
- 12.The DelfonicsDidn't I Blow Your Mind This Time
- 13.The Grass RootsMidnight Confessions
- 14.Minnie RipertonInside My Love
- 15.Just Ask Melanie
- 16.The Vampire Sound IncorporationThe Lions and the Cucumber
- 17.Elliot Easton's Tiki GodsMonte Carlo Nights
Director: Arthur Marks.
Photographers: Darren Michaels; George Lange; Firooz Zahedi; Butch BelAir.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Elliot Easton; Vampire's Sound Incorporation; Foxy Brown ; Johnny Cash; Minnie Riperton; Pam Grier; Randy Crawford; The Delfonics; The Brothers Johnson; The Grass Roots; Bill Withers; Bloodstone; Bobby Womack.
On the soundtrack for Quentin Tarantino's long awaited follow-up to PULP FICTION, the director again turns to 1970s R&B classics, seasoning the mix with a touch of modern pop. As usual, Tarantino proves himself to be quite the soul connoisseur. This disc zeroes in on great old-school cuts like "Natural High" by the criminally underrated Bloodstone and "Inside My Love" by the late Minnie Riperton. Topping things off is a change-of-pace from, of all people, ex-Cars guitarist Elliot Easton and his group Tiki Gods.
Music From M Squad / Music From Mickey Spillane's Mike...
$5.98 CD Sale
The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button (Music From The Motion...
$5.98 CD Sale
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$3.98 CD Sale
Put Yourself In My Place (Mono) / Put Yourself In My Place... TOP 100 Bestseller
84¢ Holiday Sale