|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.40 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.60 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 14 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 17, 2000
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital Surround - French, Spanish, Portugese
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean, Thai - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Music Highlights
- Isolated Audio Track: Music Score
- Three (3) Deleted Scenes with Director's Commentary
- Audio Commentary:
- Edward Zwick - Director, Brad Pitt - Star
- John Toll - Director of Photography, Lilly Kilvert - Production Designer
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Bonus Trailers - SEVEN YEARS IN TIBET, THE DEVIL'S OWN, A RIVER RUNS THROUGH IT, THE MASK OF ZORRO, BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA
- Production Design
- Making Of
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access with Clips
- Edward Zwick - Director
- Brad Pitt - Star
- Anthony Hopkins - Star
- Aidan Quinn - Star
- Julia Ormond - Star
- Henry Thomas - Star
- John Toll - Director of Photography
- Lilly Kilvert - Production Designer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Brad Pitt, Aidan Quinn & Anthony Hopkins|
|Performer:||Julia Ormond, Henry Thomas, Karina Lombard, Gordon Tootoosis, Christina Pickles, Tantoo Cardinal & Bart the Bear|
|Directed by||Edward Zwick|
|Edited by||Steven Rosenblum|
|Screenwriting by||Susan Shilliday & William D. Wittliff|
|Composition by||James Horner|
|Produced by||William D. Wittliff, Edward Zwick & Marshall Herskovitz|
|Director of Photography:||John Toll|
Academy Awards 1994 - Best Cinematography: John Toll
Rating: 3/5 -- Just when it starts to seem as if Legends might just turn into a pretty good movie, along comes some tired, soap-opera plot device. Full Review
Rating: 2/4 -- A weird melodramatic epic -- Bonanza crossbred with the kind of novel that uses Fabio on the cover. Full Review
Philadelphia Daily News
...Gorgeous....[Pitt] proves himself a bona fide movie star, stealing every scene he's in...
Rating: 3/4 -- There's a vast psychodrama being played out on the Ludlow ranch, battles between generations, philosophies, races and sexes. And the landscapes, photographed by John Toll, majestically backdrop all the personal and cultural furies. Full Review
Rating: 3.5/4 -- Check your cynicism at the door, and just revel in its enormity. Full Review
...Pitt is perfectly casts in a traditional heartthrob way....Zwick orchestrates everything with welcome gusto...
Los Angeles Times
In general, director Edward Zwick does a commendable job of keeping things apace, while... John Toll's scrumptiously pristine cinematography and James Horner's piercingly full score. Full Review
Director Edward Zwick's epic romance, set against the backdrop of WWI and the wide sky and rugged terrain of Montana, stars Anthony Hopkins as William Ludlow, an idealistic retired colonel who disapproves of the war and the army's indecent treatment of Native Americans. Abandoned by his blue-blooded wife, Ludlow raises his three sons in the remote foothills of Montana with the help of Native American friends. Before the war, Samuel (Henry Thomas) brings home his fiancée from the East Coast, Susannah (Julia Ormond), a stunning beauty who can ride, rope, and hunt like the Ludlow boys. When the war breaks out, Samuel, the youngest and most idealistic son, enlists in the army. Brothers Alfred (Aidan Quinn) and Tristan (Brad Pitt) follow suit, more as protectors than as cohorts. Despite their best efforts, however, Samuel dies in battle. Upon returning home, Tristan becomes involved with Susannah, who is devastated by her loss but profoundly attracted to the brooding brother. However, tormented by his inability to save his little brother's life, Tristan abandons her and sets out on a long journey of self-discovery. During his absence, Alfred reveals his own passion for Susannah. Although she does not reciprocate his feelings, Susannah--who has despaired of ever seeing Tristan again--agrees to become his wife. Ultimately, Tristan does return, setting off a dangerous conflict between the brothers.
Three sons of a retired U.S. cavalry colonel, raised in the remote foothills of the Rockies, are turned against each other when a beautiful woman enters their lives, while modernization and World War I loom in the background.
Adventure | Rivalry | Indians | Romance | World War I | Love Triangle | Recommended | Theatrical Release
- Filmed in Canada and Jamaica.
- The film is based on the novel by Jim Harrison.
- Although Brad Pitt was already well-known for THELMA & LOUISE, A RIVER RUNS THROUGH IT, and KALIFORNIA, his roles in INTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE and LEGENDS OF THE FALL during 1994 made him into a full-fledged star and sex symbol.
- Pitt and Anthony Hopkins also appear together in MEET JOE BLACK.
Vintage Thrillers Collection (The Most Dangerous Game /...
$4.98 on Sale
An Affair to Remember (50th Anniversary Ed.) (2-DVD)
$12.20 Super Savings