Gremlins (4K UltraHD + Blu-ray)
Don't get him wet, keep him out of bright light, and never feed him after midnight.
|You Save:||$3.19 (8% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 46 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 1, 2019
- Originally Released: 1984
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region A
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Zach Galligan & Phoebe Cates|
|Performer:||Hoyt Axton, Judge Reinhold, Frances Lee McCain, Corey Feldman, Polly Holliday, Dick Miller & Keye Luke|
|Directed by||Joe Dante|
|Edited by||Tina Hirsch|
|Screenwriting by||Chris Columbus|
|Composition by||Jerry Goldsmith|
|Produced by||Michael Finnell|
|Director of Photography:||John Hora|
|Executive Production by||Steven Spielberg, Kathleen Kennedy & Frank Marshall|
Rating: 4/5 -- It is a wacky, satirical spectacle of chaos. Full Review
A wildly original roller-coaster ride of hilarious mischief. Full Review
Rating: 3/4 -- There is satire here: a sense of silly but thoughtful consideration on the Christmas traditions and how easily all the relatable facades crumble as a consequence of simple illusions being so easily shattered. Full Review
Dante scored his biggest hit with the slyly subversive GREMLINS...
Sight and Sound
4 stars out of 5 -- [I]t's a treat for movie buffs, Dante peppering it with filmmaker cameos, cartoonish slapstick and satirical swipes at Hollywood classics from yesteryear.
The film showcases Dante's two cinematic loves: 1950's era sci-fi/horror and The Looney Tunes. The two forms merge together to create a cautionary tale of Christmas gifts gone awry. Full Review
...A wiseacre mixture of movie-buff jokes, movie genres and movie sensibilities....An orgy of special effects...
New York Times
Joe Dante's hilariously funny, wickedly scary film is about a loveable, furry little Christmas gift that multiplies into many little Christmas gifts, with savage consequences. Rand Peltzer (Hoyt Axton) is an inventor who hasn't successfully invented anything. But this Christmas he's bringing his family something special--a small, cuddly creature known as a mogwai. The little fella comes with three crucial instructions. He's not to be fed after midnight, he's not to get any direct light and he should never be given so much as a drop of water. If Rand and his son Billy (Zach Galligan) can adhere to these rules they can avoid the otherwise tragic consequences. Unfortunately, the rules are harder to stick to than it seems, and suddenly Billy finds himself with far too many "pets," all with big appetites. It's up to Billy and his girlfriend (Phoebe Cates) to stop the mischievous gremlins before they ruin Christmas for the residents of rural Kingston Falls. GREMLINS features a delightful combination of horror and humor that introduced Gizmo and his wild relatives to an entire generation of young fans.
Friends | Aliens | Enemies | Monsters | Spoof | Christmas | Recommended | Theatrical Release | Essential Cinema
- Gremlins created by Chris Walas and creature consultant Jon Berg.
- In the first scene of the film, Rand Peltzer (Hoyt Axton) walks in front of a broken down American Motors Company "Gremlin", parked in front of the China town shop.
- The Kingston Falls theatre marquee is showing a double bill, A BOY'S LIFE (working title for producer Steven Spielberg's E.T. THE EXTRATERRESTRIAL) and WATCH THE SKIES (working title for Spielberg's CLOSE ENCOUNTER'S OF THE THIRD KIND.)
- An evil Gremlin says "phone home" when he disconnects the Peltzer's phone line, this is a reference to the famous line from Spielberg's E.T. THE EXTRATERRESTRIAL.
- Cameo appearance by Steven Spielberg as the man at the inventor's in the electric wheelchair with a t.v. monitor.
- Cameo appearance by composer Jerry Goldsmith at the inventor's convention.
- Cameo appearance by Buggs Bunny cartoonist Chuck Jones, he is the man who looks at Billy's cartoon in the bar. There is a Warner Bros. cartoon playing on the television.
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2-DVD) TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$6 Super Savings
Grindhouse Double Shock Show: The Day Time Ended (1980) /...
$5.95 on Sale