|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.40 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.60 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-4 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 4 hours, 11 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 11, 2015
- Originally Released: 1984
- Label: 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Disc 1:
- Extended director's cut - part one
- Theatrical trailers
- Excerpt from the documentary profile Once Upon A Time: Sergio Leone
- Disc 2:
- Extended director's cut - part two
- Dual Layer
- Director's Cut
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Robert De Niro|
|Performer:||James Woods, Elizabeth McGovern, Joe Pesci, Jennifer Connelly, Treat Williams, Tuesday Weld, Danny Aiello, James Russo, Richard Bright, Darlanne Fluegel & William Forsythe|
|Directed by||Sergio Leone|
|Edited by||Nino Baragli|
|Composition by||Ennio Morricone|
|Cinematography by||Tonino Delli Colli|
|Produced by||Arnon Milchan|
Rating: 4/5 -- Sergio Leone's languid, lovely and lengthy ode to Lower East Side mobsters (more specifically, mobster films) ... Full Review
5 stars out of 5 -- Sergio Leone's final, glorious masterpiece....ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA is nearly four full hours of pure cinematic joy.
...[The] lensing is excellent...
The movie's four hours long, but no one had the time to write a single real character. Full Review
Leone is less interested in arousing an audience's easier emotions than in presenting, at a dispassionate distance, the horror of two men warily walking toward each other on a tightrope suspended above the snake pit of their , deepest compulsions. Full Review
Rating: 4/4 -- Adding 22 minutes only enhances Leone's brilliant saga of guilt and betrayal Full Review
New York Post
...Richly cinematic....[An] exceptional film, both artificial and naturalistic, excessive as well as tightly controlled...
Los Angeles Times
Two boyhood friends grow up to become the kingpins of a prohibition-era criminal empire until their own greed and ambition cause their downfall. Based on Larry Grey's novel, "The Hoods."
Sergio Leone's epic film chronicles the lives and loves of a quintet of Jewish mobsters from New York. Beginning with their boyhood in the 1920's, the film covers the story from the point of view of the aging troupe's clever ringleader, Noodles. He recounts the tale of a life filled with brutality and violence. And clearly he's still got some plans up his sleeve...
Friends | Organized Crime | Betrayal | Erotic | Recommended | Theatrical Release | Crime | Essential Cinema
- "Once Upon a Time in America" was Sergio Leone's final film as a director.
- A 143 minute version of this film is also available. This version (225 minutes), is the uncut version.
Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful... (DVD-R) TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$5.95 on Sale