Tony Pastor Rare Tony Pastor & His Orchestra (From The Columbia Vaults)
|You Save:||$8.99 (60% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-5 business days
- Liner Notes: Al Fichera
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
From 1947 to 1951, Tony Pastor and his band recorded many sides for Columbia Records that either were unreleased at the time, or only appeared as singles. This compact disc is an attempt to compile many of them, a missing chapter in the history of Big Band music in America. The Clooney sisters and Pearl Bailey are featured vocalists on numerous selections.
- 1.Vocal by Tony Pastor, The Clooney Sisters & BandThe Lady From Twenty-Nine Palms
- 2.Vocal by Tony PastorRambling Rose
- 3.Vocal by Rosemary ClooneyGrieving For You
- 4.Vocal by Tony PastorThe Wedding Samba
- 5.Vocal by Tony PastorThe Richest Man In The Cemetery
- 6.Vocal by Tony Pastor & Vocal GroupThe French Can-Can Polka
- 7.The Major And The Minor
- 8.Vocal by Tony PastorMary's A Grand Old Name
- 9.With Pearl BaileyMamie Is Mimi
- 10.Vocal by Tony Pastor & Vocal GroupMamma Loves Papa (Papa Loves Mamma)
- 11.Vocal by Tony PastorBreakfast At Seven
- 12.Vocal by Tony PastorI Wanna Sleep
- 13.Vocal by Tony PastorThe Face
- 14.Vocal by Tony Pastor & Vocal GroupMy Rosa
- 15.Vocal by Tony PastorMiles Standish
- 16.With Pearl BaileyFor You My Love
- 17.It's Like Taking Candy From A Baby
- 18.Vocal by Tony Pastor & Rosemary ClooneyI've Got A Lovely Bunch Of Coconuts
- 19.La Rosita
- 20.Vocal by Tony PastorChoc'late Ice Cream
- 21.Vocal by Tony PastorCan I Come In For A Second
- 22.Vocal by Tony PastorIda (Sweet As Apple Cider)
- 23.Vocal by Tony Pastor & The Clooney Sisters"A" You're Adorable (The Alphabet Song)
- 24.Vocal by Tony Pastor & Vocal GroupI Never See Maggie Alone
Personnel includes: Tony Pastor, Rosemary Clooney, Pearl Bailey, The Clooney Sisters.
Recorded between 1947 & 1950.
Personnel: Tony Pastor (vocals); Rosemary Clooney, Clooney Sisters (vocals).
Liner Note Author: Al Fichera.
Recording information: 06/05/1947-12/30/1950.
Unknown Contributor Role: Pearl Bailey.
Culled from Pastor's time at Columbia, the 24 tracks here include several unreleased sides and songs that originally appeared as singles in the late '40s and early '50s. Pastor sings many of the tracks -- mostly novelty numbers like "I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Cocoanuts" -- but the guest vocalists are more compelling and bring out better performances from Pastor as well. The Clooney Sisters provide backing on "The Lady From Twenty-Nine Palms" and Rosemary Clooney turns in a velvet-smooth rendition of "Grieving for You." Pearl Bailey is featured on two tracks here: "Mamie Is Mimi" and the hard-swinging "For You My Love." Although relegated to the background for the vocal-dominant selections here, Pastor's band still packs some of the punch exhibited on their early-'40s recordings. ~ Wade Kergan
Les BrownThe Best of The Rare Les Brown (From The Okeh Vaults) (CD)
$5.98 on Sale
Al DonahueThe Solid Swing of Al Donahue & His Orchestra (CD)
$8.98 on Sale
Dick JurgensYour Dance Date With... / At The Aragon Ballroom (CD)
$11.98 on Sale
Frankie Carle & His OrchestraThe Very Best of Frankie Carle & His Orchestra - The... (CD)
$5.98 on Sale
- Sales Rank: 24,985
- UPC: 090431743522
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul TOP 10 Bestseller
$3.98 on Sale
101: Number Ones of the 50s & 60s, Volume 1 (4-CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$9.98 on Sale