Clint Black Ultimate Clint Black
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$5.40 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.90 (23% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Released: September 23, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Rca
- $1.29 on iTunes1.A Better Man
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Killin' Time
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Nobody's Home
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Walkin' Away
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Loving Blind
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Where Are You Now
- $1.29 on iTunes7.We Tell Ourselves
- $1.29 on iTunes8.When My Ship Comes In
- $1.29 on iTunes9.A Bad Goodbye
- $1.29 on iTunes10.State of Mind
- $1.29 on iTunes11.A Good Run of Bad Luck
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Wherever You Go
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Summer's Comin'
- $1.29 on iTunes14.One Emotion
- $1.29 on iTunes15.Like the Rain
- $1.29 on iTunes16.Something That We Do
- $1.29 on iTunes17.Nothin' But the Taillights
- $1.29 on iTunes18.The Shoes You're Wearing
- 19.Dixie Lullaby
- 20.Been There
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Producers: James Stroud, Mark Wright, Clint Black.
Compilation producer: Gretchen Brennison.
Includes liner notes by Michael Hill.
Liner Note Author: Michael Hill .
Photographer: Tim White .
A 20-track compilation that covers the entirety of Clint Black's decade-long association with RCA Records (1989-1999), THE ULTIMATE CLINT BLACK emphasizes the South Texas-based crooner's strengths while minimizing the elements that kept Black from fully achieving the crossover success of his contemporaries Garth Brooks and Tim McGraw. Black is a pure-country singer of the old school, more George Jones than George Strait. His first two singles, "A Better Man" and "Killin' Time," overcome the slickness of their arrangements through Black's rich twang of a voice and his heartfelt, self-confident delivery. As the '90s progressed, Black's production and arrangements got rootsier, in opposition to prevailing trends, and while that didn't do much for his sales figures, it does mean that the later material on this disc doesn't sound nearly as dated as the records many of the so-called "hat acts" were making at the same time. A smartly-chosen compilation with no filler, THE ULTIMATE CLINT BLACK is a handy pr‚cis of a skilled, underrated singer's best years.