Keith Whitley 16 Biggest Hits
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$6.05 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.93 (33% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: April 11, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: RCA
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Don't Close Your Eyes
- $1.29 on iTunes2.When You Say Nothing At All
- $1.29 on iTunes3.I'm No Stranger To The Rain
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Miami, My Amy
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Brotherly Love
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Some Old Side Road
- $0.99 on iTunes7.I Wonder Do You Think Of Me
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Til A Tear Becomes A Rose
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Ten Feet Away
- $0.99 on iTunes10.It Ain't Nothin'
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Homecoming '63
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Hard Livin'
- $1.29 on iTunes13.I'm Over You
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Somebody's Doin' Me Right
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Turn Me To Love
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Would These Arms Be In Your Way
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Keith Whitley (vocals); Keith Whitley; Emmylou Harris (vocals); Brent Rowan (guitar, dobro); Chip Young, Harold Bradley, Pete Wade, Bobby Thompson (guitar); Billy Sanford (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, gut-string guitar); Brent Mason (acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Mac McAnally, Red Lane (acoustic guitar); Sonny Garrish (steel guitar, dobro); Paul Franklin (steel guitar); Sam Bush (mandolin); Rob Hajacos (fiddle); Dennis Sollee, James R. Horn (saxophone); Matt Rollings, Hargus "Pig" Robbins (piano); Gary Prim, Mike Lawler, Mitch Humphries, Biff Watson (keyboards); Eddie Bayers, Jerry Kroon (drums); Curtis Young, Dennis Wilson Quintet, Garth Fundis, Carol Chase (background vocals); Earl Thomas Conley, Lorrie Morgan, Reba McEntire (vocals).
Recording information: Eleven Eleven Sound (03/08/1984-??/??/1990); Music City Music Hall, Nashville, TN (03/08/1984-??/??/1990); Sound Emporium, Nashville, TN (03/08/1984-??/??/1990); Woodland Sound Studios, Nashville, TN (03/08/1984-??/??/1990).
Photographer: Jim Shea.
A country performer who died just as his star was rising, Keith Whitley is well represented on this Legacy collection, which draws on the singer's popular latter-day recordings. Unlike many of his contemporaries in the late 1980s, the Kentucky-born singer generally opted for a more traditional sound that often recalled George Jones, as revealed on hit ballads such as the pleading "Don't Close Your Eyes," the heartbreaking "I Wonder Do You Think of Me," and "Til a Tear Becomes a Rose," a duet that was completed by his wife, Lorrie Morgan, after the singer's 1989 death from alcohol poisoning. Although there are many Whitley compilations on the market, this one joins RCA COUNTRY LEGENDS as one of the finest.
- Sales Rank: 234
- UPC: 828767824727
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Soul & The Edge: The Best of Johnny Paycheck (CD)
$6.03 Super Savings