Warner Archive Collection (series)
|SPRING SALE:||$9.60 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.39 (26% Off)|
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 52 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 25, 2011
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: Warner Archive Collection (MOD)
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- PCM Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Jeremy Irons & Juliette Binoche|
|Performer:||Miranda Richardson, Rupert Graves, Ian Bannen, Peter Stormare, David Thewlis & Leslie Caron|
|Directed by||Louis Malle|
|Edited by||John Bloom|
|Screenplay by||David Hare|
|Composition by||Zbigniew Preisner|
|Cinematography by||Peter Biziou|
|Produced by||Louis Malle|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Academy Award-nominated Director Louis Malle (Atlantic City) peels back the layers of one family's tragedy to reveal a middle-aged man (Irons) and his son's fiancee (Binoche) entangled in an intensely erotic affair that is as irresistible as it is destructive. Electrifying performances by Irons, Binoche, and Academy Award-nominee Miranda Richardson as Irons' tortured wife, highlight this riveting portrait of an ordinary man, transformed by desire and willing to pay any price for his passion.
Academy Award Nominations: Best Supporting Actress--Miranda Richardson.
- Filmed in Paris and Southern France; London and Shepperton Studios, Middlesex, England.
- Color by Technicolor, Metrocolor prints.
- Budget estimate $13 million.
- Began shooting February 22, 1992; completed May 15, 1992. Released in New York City and Los Angeles December 23, 1992; wide release in USA January 22, 1993. Released on video June 16, 1993.
- Released on video by Columbia-TriStar via New Line Home Video.
- Film was initially given an NC-17 rating in October of 1992; director Malle appealed the rating November, but an R rating was denied. Malle then made various edits and the film was finally given an R rating.
- The production company Skreba Damage was created specifically from Greenpoint Skreba for the making of this film.