|SUPER SAVINGS:||$14.90 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.08 (7% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 18, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: A&M
Rolling Stone - 11/14/02, p.934 stars out of 5 - "...The songs are sturdy and companionable....With efficiency and literary verve intact on every note..."
Q - 4/02, p.1374 out of 5 stars - "...These 18 songs attest to Sting's strike rate of hit singles..."
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Message In A Bottle
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Can't Stand Losing You
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Englishman In New York
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Every Breath You Take
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Seven Days
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Walking On The Moon
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Fields Of Gold
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Fragile
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
- $1.29 on iTunes10.De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da
- $1.29 on iTunes11.If You Love Somebody Set Them Free
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Brand New Day
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Desert Rose
- $1.29 on iTunes14.If I Ever Lose My Faith In You
- $1.29 on iTunes15.When We Dance - (edit)
- $1.29 on iTunes16.Don't Stand So Close To Me
- $1.29 on iTunes17.Roxanne
- $1.29 on iTunes18.So Lonely
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Sting (vocals, guitar, bass); Cheb Mami (vocals);
Andy Summers (guitar); Branford Marsalis (saxophone); Kenny Kirkland,
David Sancious (keyboards); Darryl Jones (bass); Stewart Copeland, Vinnie Colaiuta, Omar Hakim (drums); Mino Cinelu (percussion).
Producers include: The Police, Nigel Gray, Hugh Padgham, Sting, Kipper.
Personnel: Full Force (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Charles "Prince Charles" Alexander ; Hugh Padgham; Neil Dorfsman; Simon Osborne.
Audio Remasterer: Dave Collins .
Audio Remixer: Sean Combs .
Photographers: Duane Michaels; Brian Aris; William Claxton.
Arrangers: Sting; The Police.
During two decades in the music business, Sting has always been about genre-busting. The Police imbued their reggae-influenced brand of rock music with a truly literary lyrical sensibility, distancing themselves from the Tolkien-tinged meandering which tended to pass for "thoughtful lyrics" in the seventies. The ill-advised sci-fi garb of SYNCHRONICITY notwithstanding, they brought vibrancy, imagination, and intelligence into the dumbed-down world of arena rock. THE VERY BEST OF STING & THE POLICE represents their work with unquestionably classic cuts such as "Message In A Bottle," "Can't Stand Losing You," and "Every Breath You Take."
On his own, Sting moved into the even headier realms, assembling a supergroup of young jazzers and further indulging the bookworm within. "If I Ever Lose My Faith In You" and "Englishman In New York" display the mellower, calmer Sting. You want erudite? The album's only co-writing credit is "Russians," based on a little something by Prokofiev. Closing with the hugely successful Puff Daddy remix version of "Roxanne," THE VERY BEST OF STING & THE POLICE provides an overview of his progression from schoolmaster to rock icon and back again.
Can't Stand Losing You: Surviving The Police (DVD)
$19.30 Super Savings
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$9.90 Super Savings
Ultimate Rock & Roll Classics: 74 Original Hits (3-CD Box... TOP 10 Bestseller
$9.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$4.98 on SALE