|WINTER SALE:||$7.14 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.84 (28% Off)|
- Theatrical Trailer
- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 22, 1999
- Originally Released: 1968
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||David Hemmings, Milo O'Shea, Marcel Marceau, Anita Pallenberg, Claude Dauphin, Veronique Vendell, Giancarlo Cobelli, Serge Marquand, Ugo Tognazzi & John Phillip Law|
|Directed by||Roger Vadim|
|Edited by||Victoria Mercanton|
|Music by||Bob Crewe & Charles Fox|
|Screenwriting by||Vittorio Bonicelli, Claude Brule, Tudor Gates, Terry Southern, Roger Vadim & Clement Biddle Wood|
|Story by||Jean-Claude Forest|
|Produced by||Dino De Laurentiis|
|Director of Photography:||Claude Renoir|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Over the years, the futuristic fantasia has become a camp classic....BARBARELLA remains one of the grooviest-looking films you'll ever lay your eyes on..." -- Grade: B
4 stars out of 5 -- "Roger Vadim's ultra-kitsch sci-fi classic somehow improves with age....Its dreamy innocence is timeless."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Remaining true to its comic book origins, Barbarella's adventure unfolds in a series of dramatic difficulties and unlikely solutions, making for a galloping pace and never-ending opportunities for Mario Garbuglia's hallucinatory set design to dazzle. With guest appearances by 1960s icons Anita Pallenberg, Marcel Marceau, and David Hemmings, and featuring dialogue by novelist Terry Southern, among others, BARBARELLA is not only a comic sci-fi sex romp but also a sly, tongue-in-cheek portrait of the legendary debauchery of that era.
- Theatrical release: October 10, 1968.
- The 1980s rock group Duran Duran took their name from the eponymous villain in BARBARELLA.
- Interestingly enough, Fonda was married to director Roger Vadim at the time of production.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 141 ratings.
Besides some of its racier scenes, one can't help but appreciate Fonda's "dumb-blonde" character, stumbling from one harrowing close-call to the next, between sexy romps, while saving the future universe. But, I'm not sure I wouldn't rather prefer to fall into the clutches of the evil queen. A critic's choice it ain't... but it is a lotta fun...
- Sales Rank: 15,303
- UPC: 097360681277
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item