The Last Man on Earth
Do you dare imagine what it would be like to be...The last man on earth...Or the last woman.
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 26 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: June 4, 2019
- Originally Released: 2019
- Label: Bayview Films
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: A collection of coming attraction trailers for other Vincent Price classics.
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Featured:||Giacomo Rossi-Stuart & Emma Danieli|
|Directed by||Sidney Salkow|
Based on Richard Matheson's SF thriller I AM LEGEND, THE LAST MAN ON EARTH is about a man who survives a global plague only to be stalked nightly by zombielike victims who call out his name. Vincent Price stars as Robert Morgan, a scientist who tried desperately to come up with a cure for an airborne virus that was killing people around the globe. Although he could not develop a serum in time to save his family, he himself seems to be immune from the disease. Thus, he is left to wander the streets by day, staking zombies, then barricading himself in his house each night as the zombies try to break in and kill him. Price is excellent in the role, going about his horrible business as if it were just another day: waking up and eating breakfast, putting on a suit, calmly staking the zombies, making dinner, listening to records at night. But when he suddenly sees what looks like another living soul out in the daylight, his world is suddenly turned inside out.
- The film was remade in 1971 as THE OMEGA MAN starring Charlton Heston, but Salkow's U.S.-Italian coproduction is more faithful to Matheson's original story.
Sexpots From Space Double Feature: Voyage To The Planet of... (DVD-R) TOP 25 Bestselling DVD