Heavy D & The Boyz The Best of Heavy D & The Boyz - 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
|You Save:||$0.38 (3% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 10, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: MCA
- $1.29 on iTunes1.The Overweight Lover's In The House
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Mr. Big Stuff
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Don't You Know
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Chunky But Funky
- $1.29 on iTunes5.We Got Our Own Thang
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Somebody For Me
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Gyrlz, They Love Me
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Now That We Found Love
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Is It Good To You
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Sister Sister
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Got Me Waiting
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Heavy D, Al. Be Sure!, Teddy Riley, Aaron Hall, Tammy Lucas, Crystal Johnson.
Producers includes: Heavy D, Ted Riley, Andre Hall, DJ Marley Marl, Pete Rock.
Compilation producers: Mike Ragona, Beth Stempel.
Recorded between 1986 & 1994. Includes liner notes by A. Scott Galloway.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Crystal Johnson, Aaron Hall , Al B. Sure!, Tammy Lucas (vocals).
Liner Note Author: A. Scott Galloway.
Photographers: Benjamin Oliver; Al Pereira; Nick Baratta.
The Heavy D & the Boyz entry in Universal's discount-priced 20th Century Masters -- The Millennium Collection series follows the first seven years of the group's career, from the late-1986 release of their rap remake of Jean Knight's "Mr. Big Stuff" (heard here in a remix) to the early-1994 release of the Top Five R&B single "Got Me Waiting." From that period, all of their Top 40 R&B hits are included, plus the self-defining tracks from their debut album, Living Large: "The Overweight Lover's in the House" and "Chunky but Funky" (the latter in a remix), and the tribute to African American womankind "Sister, Sister." At a time when rap could be brutally hard-edged, Heavy D was a good-natured presence, sending himself up and maintaining a positive attitude. This is a good survey of the highlights of the early part of his career -- not as complete as the 2000 compilation Heavy Hitz, but not as expensive, either. ~ William Ruhlmann
Salt 'N Pepa20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best...
Public EnemyPower to the People and the Beats - Public Enemy's Greatest... (CD)
$12.98 on Sale