A Girl Thing
Sex, love, relationships, family... It's enough to drive you crazy.
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.30 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.70 (17% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 3 hours, 57 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 6, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Showtime Ent.
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Stockard Channing & Kate Capshaw|
|Performer:||Rebecca De Mornay, Mia Farrow, Linda Hamilton, Glenne Headly, Allison Janney, Elle Macpherson, Camryn Manheim, Lynn Whitfield, Peta Wilson, Elizabeth Franz, Irma P. Hall, Scott Bakula, Bruce Greenwood, Brian Kerwin & Brent Spiner|
|Directed by||Lee Rose|
|Edited by||Christopher Rouse|
|Screenwriting by||Lee Rose|
|Composition by||Terence Blanchard|
|Art Direction by||Eija Johnson|
|Produced by||Robert Halmi Jr. & Lee Rose|
|Director of Photography:||Eric Van Harem Norman|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"I'm okay--it's you I'm not so sure about."
- Suzanne (Camryn Manheim) to Dr. Noonan (Stockard Channing)
The whole four hours seems like a pretty undisciplined, flabby exercise. Full Review
Lee Rose's four-hour miniseries A GIRL THING takes an intelligent look at women's relationships in the early 21st century. Made up of four individual stories, the film revolves around Dr. Noonan (Stockard Channing), a psychiatrist listening to the dreams and aspirations, longings and nightmares, hopes and fears of the contemporary woman. The first story, "It Don't Mean a Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing," stars Elle Macpherson as a successful partner in a New York law firm who cannot maintain a relationship with a man. After the worst double blind date of her life (the men are played by Brent Spiner and Bruce Greenwood), she feels drawn to the other woman on the date, Casey (Kate Capshaw), a successful advertising executive, and the two embark on a heated affair that complicates their lives. The second story, "The Three Sisters (Not That One)", stars Rebecca DeMornay, Glenne Headley, and Allison Janney as three sisters who are forced to spend a week in their recently deceased mother's house in order to collect a large inheritance. "Unholy Alliances" stars Lynn Whitfield as Nia, a woman who suspects her husband (Scott Bakula) of having an affair and so hires a decoy (Linda Hamilton) to try to trap him. And finally, "I'm Okay, It's You I'm Not So Sure About" features Camryn Manheim as a deeply disturbed woman who forces Dr. Noonan to reevaluate her chosen profession and the value of her own life. A GIRL THING is a moving, poignant labor of love that features outstanding acting and razor-sharp dialogue.
- Cable television release, part 1: January 20, 2001 (SHOWTIME).
- Cable television release, part 2: January 27, 2001 (SHOWTIME).
- Filmed on location in Vancouver, Canada.
- This film is rated TVMA-SLD.
- The episode of JERRY SPRINGER that is featured in the first segment is called "I'm Marrying My Sister."
- Casey and Lauren's first date is at a jazz club where Terence Blanchard is playing; Blanchard is the composer of A GIRL THING.
- The soundtrack includes songs by Joni Mitchell and Chaka Khan (whose name is misspelled as Kahn in the credits).
- Stockard Channing said of her role as the pscyhiatrist, "I really think I'm playing Lee," referring to Rose, the writer-director-producer of A GIRL THING.
- Glenne Headley told TV Guide, "We did all hang out together and talk about what women talk about."
- Regarding her lesbian love scene, Kate Capshaw told TV Guide that she went into the scene "just the same way you would if you were working with a male." She told the New York Daily News, "There were lots of oohs and aahs and giggles and breath mints....Getting naked in front of strangers at any point in the day can make you scared." Elle Macpherson told the News, "Getting intimate on camera with anyone is difficult, but Kate was patient and loving, and we just sort of powered through."
- Camryn Manheim was pregnant during the shoot, a fact that the cast tried to keep hidden from the public.
WWII - On Common Ground: The Battle of the Huertgen Forest
$3.98 on Sale
Unsung Heroes: The Story of America's Female Patriots
$9.98 on Sale
National Geographic - Beyond the Movie: Alexander the Great
$3.98 on Sale
Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Best of Ricky & Dave (4-DVD)
$3.98 on Sale
The Greatest '70s Cop Shows (Charlie's Angels / Starsky and...
$3.98 on Sale