Kevin Max The Imposter
|You Save:||$1.50 (10% Off)|
- Released: June 27, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Northern Records
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Confessional Booth
- $0.99 on iTunes2.The Imposter
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Sanctuary
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Your Beautiful Mind
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Jumpstart Your Electric Heart!
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Platform
- $0.99 on iTunes7.The Royal Path of Life
- $0.99 on iTunes8.The Imposter's Song
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Stay
- $0.99 on iTunes10.I Need You, The End
- $0.99 on iTunes11.When He Returns
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Fade To Red
Produced by Andrew D. Prickett (The Violet Burning, Holly Nelson, and The Lassie Foundation) and Kevin Max, The Imposter contains a sound that recalls the passion of early U2, the soul of Jeff Buckley, and the ambiguity of Blur. It sonically rivals the larger-than-life persona of Kevin Max himself while it reveals his most humble and transparent songwriting to date, lyrically exploring the influences of Brennan Manning and Bob Dylan. There are songs of love and faith and doubt and fear in a variety of authentic musical expressions. They range from pop to fusion, but the album maintains a consistent rock influence throughout. The lyrical theme is imperfection and often touches on the disparity between what we want others to see and who we really are inside.
As one-third of dcTalk, Kevin Max has sold over 8 million records worldwide, won four Grammy Awards, and had a Top 40 pop hit with Just Between You and Me (Virgin), which also received significant airplay on VH1 and MTV.