|You Save:||$1.01 (8% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 18, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Verve
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Grandfather's Waltz
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Tonight I Shall Sleep With a Smile On My Face
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Stan's Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Here's That Rainy Day
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Samba Da Minha Terra
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Rosa Morena
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Um Abraco No Bonfa
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Bim Bom (1964/New York) - (live)
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Meditacao
- $0.99 on iTunes10.O Pato (the Duck)
- 11.It Might As Well Be Spring (1964 Studio)
- 12.Only Trust Your Heart
- 13.Corcovado (Quiet Night of Quiet Stars) (Live 1964/Carnegie Hall) - (live)
- 14.Girl From Ipanema, The (Live 1964/Carnegie Hall) - (live)
- 15.Voce E Eu
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Stan Getz (tenor saxophone); Joao Gilberto (vocals, guitar); Astrud Gilberto (vocals); Gary Burton (vibraphone); Gene Cherico, Keter Betts (bass); Joe Hunt, Helcio Melito (drums).
Producer: Creed Taylor.
Reissue producer: Michael Lang.
Recorded live at Carnegie Hall, New York, New York on October 9, 1964. Includes liner notes by James T. Maher and Mary Cleere Haran.
Digitally remastered by Tom "Curly" Ruff (Polygram Studios).
Personnel: Joao Gilberto (guitar); Stan Getz (tenor saxophone); Gary Burton (vibraphone); Keter Betts, Gene Cherico (bass instrument); H‚lcio Milito, Joe Hunt (drums).
Liner Note Author: James T. Maher.
Recording information: Carnegie Hall, New York, NY.
Justifiably overshadowed by the peerless Getz/Gilberto album (which featured "Girl from Ipanema") from a year before, Getz/Gilberto #2 still holds its own with an appealing selection of fine jazz and bossa nova cuts. Unlike the first album's seamless collaboration by Getz, Joao Gilberto, Astrud Gilberto, and Antonio Carlos Jobim, here Getz and Joao Gilberto turn in separate sets recorded live at Carnegie Hall in October of 1964. Backed by a stellar quartet comprised of vibraphonist Gary Burton, bassist Gene Cherico, and drummer Joe Hunt, Getz turns in a sparkling performances on the seldom covered ballad "Tonight I'll Shall Sleep with a Smile on My Face," while stretching out nicely on his original blues swinger "Stan's Blues." With the support of bassist Keeter Betts and drummer Helcio Milito, Gilberto displays his subtle vocal and guitar talents on a set of bossa nova favorites, including his own "Bim Bom" and Jobim's "Meditation." An appealing title amongst Getz's many bossa nova outings, but not an essential one. Newcomers should definitely start with the Getz/Gilberto album before checking this one out. ~ Stephen Cook
Jazz Divas: The Very Best of - 40 Song Collection (2-CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
$3.98 on Sale
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$3.98 on Sale
100 Hits: 80s Weekender - 100 Eighties Dancefloor Anthems... TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$5.59 Super Savings
I'm a Man of Constant Sorrow: Vintage Versions of Songs... TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$4.98 on Sale