Gene Harris Live at Maybeck Recital Hall, Volume 23
|You Save:||$1.90 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: July 26, 2004
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Concord Records
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Lu's Blues
- 2.Penthouse Serenade
- 3.Old Folks
- $0.99 on iTunes4.In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Elephant Blossom Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes6.My Funny Valentine
- $0.99 on iTunes7.They Can't Take That Away From Me
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Blues For Rhonda
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Angel Eyes
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Erroll's Theme
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Solo performer: Gene Harris (piano).
Recorded live at Maybeck Recital Hall, Berkeley, California on August 3, 1992. Includes liner notes by Jeff Levenson.
Personnel: Gene Harris (piano).
Liner Note Author: Jeff Levenson.
Recording information: Maybeck Recital Hall, Berkeley, CA.
Photographer: James Gudeman.
The blues piano artistry of Gene Harris is well known to jazz fans, and this rare solo concert CD is worth acquiring. The leisurely "Lu's Blues" is beautifully understated, while "Elephant Blossom Blues" is an uptempo romp in the mold of Oscar Peterson, and "Blues for Rhonda" emphasizes a percussive, boogie woogie-like approach. His approach to standards is also fresh. "Angel Eyes" brings to mind a closing set in an after-hours club, while his jubilant rendition of "Erroll's Theme" shows he has energy to spare. Don't miss this excellent date. ~ Ken Dryden
The Poll WinnersExploring the Scene (with Shelly Manne & Ray Brown) (CD)
$10.56 Winter Sale
Plays Harold Arlen's Music From "Jamaica" / Fabulous Phineas (CD)
$4.98 Winter Sale