Gene Harris Black and Blue
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$0.98 (8% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: October 1, 1991
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: Concord Records
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Another Star
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Black and Blue
- $1.29 on iTunes3.C.C. Rider
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Hot Toddy
- 5.The Best Things in Life Are Free
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out
- $1.29 on iTunes7.It Might as Well Be Spring
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Blue Bossa
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Song Is You, The - (bonus track)
- 10.Will You Still Be Mine? - (bonus track)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Gene Harris (piano); Ron Eschete (guitar); Luther Hughes (bass); Harold Jones (drums).
Recorded at Master Track, Hayward, California on June 29, 1991.
Personnel: Gene Harris (piano); Ron Eschete (guitar); Harold Jones (drums).
Liner Note Author: Joe Morgenstern.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Luther Hughes; Ron Eschete; Harold Jones .
Although there are few actual blues on Black and Blue, pianist Gene Harris gives all of the songs (whether complex standards, ballads or near-blues) a bluesy feel, adding soul and a church feeling to each of the melodies. With the assistance of guitarist Ron Eschete, bassist Luther Hughes and drummer Harold Jones, Harris is in typically fine form. ~ Scott Yanow