Accidents happen. He can guarantee it.
|You Save:||$2.75 (14% Off)|
Pre-Order : Available February 18, 2020
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 45 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 18, 2020
- Label: Kl Studio Classics
- Encoding: Region [unknown]
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Alexander Knox, Vivien Merchant, Michael York & Stanley Baker|
|Directed by||Joseph Losey|
Cannes 1967 - Jury Prize
...Menacing, fraught with sexual tension and boasts a wonderfully brooding performance from Stanley Baker...
Sight and Sound
4 stars out of 5 -- Pinter's loaded dialogue, Losey's elliptical direction and Bogarde's minimalism seethe with teasing tension.
An artrful, nuanced British film based on a thought-provoking script by Harold Pinter. A forbidden attraction between a repressed, married Oxford professor and his female student climaxes in the allegorial titular accident.
In a screenplay adapted by playwright Harold Pinter, a young woman, who has survived a car crash which has killed her boyfriend, takes refuge in the nearby house of her Oxford professor. He has long desired the girl, and her arrival precipitates a flashback that explores the characters' suppressed emotions and a complex web of romantic entanglements.
- Color by Eastmancolor.
- Made at Twickenham Studios, London, England.
- British playwright Harold Pinter, who wrote the screenplay, also appears in the small role of Bell. His first wife, Vivien Merchant, plays Rosalind.
- Additional cast: Jill Johnson (Secretary), Jane Hillary (Receptionist), Maxwell Findlater (Ted), and Carole Caplin (Clarissa).
- Rated BBFC PG by the British Board of Film Censors.
- Released on video in the UK May 1994.
- Copyright 1967 Royal Avenue Chelsea Productions Ltd.
The Decade You Were Born: The 40s - A Decade of War &... TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
99¢ Winter Sale
WWII - TheWar that Changed the World: 68 Documentary Set... TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$9.98 Winter Sale