Roger Miller All Time Greatest Hits
|MASSIVE CD SALE:||$11.98 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-5 business days
- Released: April 21, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Mercury Nashville
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Dang Me
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Chug-A-Lug
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Do Wacka Do
- $1.29 on iTunes4.In The Summertime (You Don't Want My Love)
- $1.29 on iTunes5.King Of The Road
- $1.29 on iTunes6.You Can't Roller Skate In A Buffalo Herd
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Engine Engine #9
- $1.29 on iTunes8.One Dyin' & A Buryin'
- $0.99 on iTunes9.The Last Word In Lonesome Is Me
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Kansas City Star
- $1.29 on iTunes11.England Swings
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Husbands And Wives
- $0.99 on iTunes13.I've Been A Long Time Leavin' (But I'll Be A Long Time Gone)
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Walkin' In The Sunshine
- $1.29 on iTunes15.Little Green Apples
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Me And Bobby McGhee
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Where Have All The Average People Gone
- $0.99 on iTunes18.South
- $0.99 on iTunes19.Tomorrow Night In Baltimore
- $0.99 on iTunes20.River In The Rain
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Producers: Jerry Kennedy, Jimmy Bowen, Roger Miller.
Compilation producers: Andy McKaie, Cary E. Mansfield.
Includes liner notes by Robyn Flans.
Liner Note Author: Robyn Flans.
Recording information: Nashville, TN (01/11/1964-??/??/1985).
Photographers: Harry Goodwin; Scott Newton.
There have been many collections of Roger Miller's hitmaking peak on Mercury over the years, but few have been as comprehensive or as good as Mercury/Chronicle's 2003 CD, All Time Greatest Hits. Spanning 20 tracks over the course of one CD, this contains all the big songs: "Dang Me," "Chug-a-Lug," "Do Wacka Do," "In the Summertime (You Don't Want My Love)," "King of the Road," "You Can't Roller Skate in a Buffalo Herd," "Kansas City Star," "England Swings," and "Husbands and Wives," among others. All but one track from the seminal 1965 collection Golden Hits is here ("Atta Boy Girl" is the missing culprit -- a good song but not enough to tip the scales in favor of the 38-year-old collection), and it spans further than that record, collecting hits from 1967-1970 and ending with the 1986 hit "River in the Rain." While that final song isn't quite of the standard of what preceded it, it provides a nice closer to a set of songs that unequivocally proves Miller's genius. That might seem like a weighty word for a singer/songwriter whose specialty was lightweight funny songs, but the thing is, those songs have a certain mad ingenious sensibility that nobody else could replicate, and he could dig deeper -- witness "I've Been a Long Time Leavin' (But I'll Be a Long Time Gone)" -- when he wanted to. That side might not be mined as deeply as it could have been here, but that's what previous comps like the King of the Road box is for. This is a hits collection, a summary overview and introduction to his genius, and it succeeds brilliantly on that level. Absolutely essential. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Barbara MandrellThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$8.49 CD Sale
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 39 ratings.
Based on 39 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
Roger Miller - All Time Greatest Hits Music Lover: Wesley A. Smith from Monson,MA. -- November, 29, 2015
Would have been perfect had they included "Tom Green County Fair".As it is,what would make me purchase it is because it DOES include "South".
The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus (1985) / Nestor, the...
$14.39 on Sale
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$20.98 CD Sale