Jackyl Choice Cuts
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.34 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.64 (30% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 15, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Geffen Records
- $0.99 on iTunes1.We're an American Band
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Down on Me
- $1.29 on iTunes3.When Will It Rain
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Locked and Loaded
- $1.29 on iTunes5.I Stand Alone
- $0.99 on iTunes6.I Am the Walrus
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Push Comes to Shove
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Headed for Destruction
- $1.29 on iTunes9.The Lumberjack
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Misery Loves Company
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Dixieland
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Secret of the Bottle
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Dirty Little Mind
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Redneck Punk
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Mister Can You Spare a Dime
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Jackyl includes: Brian Johnson (vocals); Jesse Dupree.
Producers: King Daisy, Mike Fraser, Brendan O'Brien, Bruce Fairbairn.
Engineers include: Don Tart, Mike Fraser.
Includes liner notes by Jesse Dupree.
Audio Mixers: Kevin Shirley; Mike Fraser.
Recording information: C.O.W. Studios, Kennesaw, GA.
Illustrator: Mary Ann Dibs.
Photographers: Alison Dyer; Ross Halfin.
Jackyl were always an anachronism in the '90s. Arriving at the peak of grunge, the group -- whose members worshiped at the altar of AC/DC, M”tley Cr?e, and David Lee Roth -- managed a minor hit with the novelty "Lumberjack Song," basically because some listeners found Jesse James Dupree's chainsaw solos kinda neat. Although they managed to eke out a career, it was all downhill from there, with only the second single from the debut, "Down on Me," making much of an impression on the public at large. Between 1992 and 1997, the group released four albums on three different labels, each one receiving less attention than its predecessor. So, 1998 was the perfect time for a hits compilation -- their career as hitmakers was essentially over, but "The Lumberjack Song" was still fresh in the minds of Gen-Xers, thereby suggesting that the record might move. Fortunately, Choice Cuts delivers everything anyone could ever want from a Jackyl compilation -- "The Lumberjack Song." Seriously, folks, there's more than that -- there are all the other highlights from the four albums, plus three new songs including a cover of Grand Funk's timeless anthem "We're an American Band." Those new cuts may not be enough to entice hardcore fans to purchase the collection, but they add some weight to Choice Cuts, helping it become the definitive Jackyl retrospective. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Oldies Collection, The Anniversary... (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
$4.98 ENDS TONIGHT
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$2.68 ENDS TONIGHT
100 Doo Wop Hits: 100 Original Doo-Wop Classics (4-CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$12.98 ENDS TONIGHT