Bond - The Living Daylights (Blu-ray)
Licensed to thrill.
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12.10 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.88 (19% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 2 hours, 11 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 15, 2015
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: Mgm (Video & Dvd)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Maryam d'Abo, Jeroen Krabbé, Joe Don Baker, John Rhys-Davies, Robert Brown, Art Malik, Desmond Llewelyn & John Terry|
|Directed by||John Glen|
|Edited by||Peter Davies & John Grover|
|Screenplay by||Richard Maibaum & Michael G. Wilson|
|Composition by||John Barry|
|Created by||Ian Fleming|
|Produced by||Albert R. Broccoli & Michael G. Wilson|
|Director of Photography:||Alec Mills|
...[Dalton] has enough presence, the right debonair looks and the kind of energy that the Bond series has lately been lacking....This cast is a good one...
New York Times
...Timothy Dalton's a class act....The Fourth Bond registers beautifully on all key counts of charm, machismo, sensitivity and technique...
In this installment of the James Bond series, Agent 007 (Timothy Dalton) is assigned to protect a Russian defector (Maryam d'Abo) from the KGB. When the defection proves to be an elaborate ploy, Bond woos her anyway, and together they follow a trail to a crooked American arms dealer supplying weapons to Afghanistan. Dalton finally assumes the role of Bond after refusing it 16 years earlier with DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER. The film is loosely based on Ian Fleming's short story, with Dalton's heavier Bond closer in spirit to that of Fleming's original creation.
In British actor Timothy Dalton's first outing as James Bond, the intrepid spy once again travels to countless scenic spots, becomes involved with a beautiful woman, and smoothly dispenses with a "supposed" Soviet KGB defector, arms dealers, and Afghan rebels. Visual highlights: a car chase through snowy mountains (featuring Bond's usual, hardy Aston Martin) and a thrilling, dangerous airplane ride.
Action | Adventure | Live-Action | Spies | Thriller | Heroes | Theatrical Release | Sequel | Spy | Secret Agents | James Bond | 007
- Filmed on the soundstages of England's Pinewood Studios and on location in Gibraltar, Austria, Morocco, the USA, Italy, and England, in Technicolor and Panavision.
- THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS was the 16th James Bond film in 25 years, not counting the 1967 Bond parody, CASINO ROYALE. Timothy Dalton was the fourth James Bond, following Sean Connery, George Lazenby, and Roger Moore. Caroline Bliss replaces Lois Maxwell as Miss Moneypenny in this installment.
- The role was originally written for Roger Moore.
- Additional credits: Philip Kohler, Sparky Greene, Arno Ortmar, Leonhard Gmur and Denise O'Dell (production manager); Dick Lewzey (music mixer); Alan Killick (music editor); Malcolm Macintosh (2nd unit camera operator); Screen Opticals (title opticals).
- Additional music credits: Austrian Youth Symphony Orchestra (music performers); Gert Meditz (conductor for the Youth Symphony Orchestra); Stefan Kropfitsch (cellist).
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up... TOP 10 Bestseller
$2.98 on Sale