Sublime 40 Oz. To Freedom
Kerrang (Magazine): "[T]he initial collision of Sublime's charismatic style and their influences resulted in their unsurpassed debut album."
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.20 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$8.79 (52% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 23, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Mca
Kerrang (Magazine) - p.98"[T]he initial collision of Sublime's charismatic style and their influences resulted in their unsurpassed debut album."
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Waiting For My Ruca
- $1.29 on iTunes2.40oz. To Freedom
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Smoke Two Joints
- $0.99 on iTunes4.We're Only Gonna Die For Our Arrogance
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Don't Push
- $1.29 on iTunes6.5446 That's My Number / Ball And Chain
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Badfish
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Lets Go Get Stoned
- $0.99 on iTunes9.New Thrash
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Scarlet Begonias
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Live at E's
- $1.29 on iTunes12.D.J.S
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Chica Me Tipo
- $1.29 on iTunes14.Right Back
- $1.29 on iTunes15.What Happened
- $0.99 on iTunes16.New Song
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Ebin
- $1.29 on iTunes18.Date Rape
- $0.99 on iTunes19.Hope
- $1.29 on iTunes20.Krs-One
- $1.29 on iTunes21.Rivers of Babylon
- $0.99 on iTunes22.Thanks
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Sublime: Brad Nowell (vocals, guitar, percussion, samples, bass, congas); Eric Wilson (bass, organ, percussion, vocals, congas); Bud (drums, samples).
Additional personnel includes: Adam (vocals, congas); Miguel (samples, guitar, vocals, piano, organ, sound effects).
Recorded at Mambo, Long Beach, California. Originally released on Skunk (001).
Personnel: Miguel (vocals, guitar, piano, organ, sampler); Brad (vocals, guitar, congas, percussion, sampler); Marshall Goodman (vocals, drums, turntables); Adam (vocals, congas); Todd Foreman (saxophone); Duane Hartman (alto saxophone); Brian Wallace (baritone saxophone); Chris Hauser (trumpet); Nick Martin (trombone); Bud Gaugh (drums, sampler).
Audio Mixer: Dave.
Audio Remasterer: Big Bass Brian.
Recording information: Mambo, Long Beach.
Illustrator: Opie Gibran Ortiz.
Photographer: Josh Coffman.
With their debut, 40oz. to Freedom, Sublime appeal to alterna-punks but they cut a little deeper with their lyrics and their very aesthetic, which blends different cultures and sounds. Since Sublime have a knack for combining dancehall reggae with hardcore punk, the music can be nervy and invigorating, but the group's joyous blend of cultures gets nervy on the lyrical level, particularly on the controversial "Date Rape." ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
The Best of 90's Rock - 20th Century Masters / Millennium... (CD)
- Sales Rank: 31,010
- UPC: 008811147426
- Shipping Weight: 0.21/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful... (DVD-R) TOP 10 Bestseller
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
$3.98 on SALE
Rare Avant-Garde and Experimental Films of the 20s and 30s (DVD-R) TOP 10 Bestseller
The Three Stooges - Classic Shorts, Films & Cartoons (6-DVD... TOP 10 Bestseller
$4.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Oldies Collection, The Anniversary... (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
$5.98 on SALE
War Double Feature: Eagles Attack at Dawn (1970) / Battle... (DVD-R) TOP 10 Bestseller