The Longest Day (Blu-ray + DVD)
This is the day that changed the world... when history held its breath.
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$15.40 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.59 (9% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-4 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: G
- Run Time: 2 hours, 58 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: May 5, 2015
- Originally Released: 1962
- Label: 20Th Century Studios
- Blu-ray/DVD Features:
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Blu-ray
- Historical commentary with Mary Corey
- Film commentary with Ken Annakin
- Audio Commentary by Historian Mary Corey
- Audio Commentary with Director Ken Annakin
- Longest Day: A Salute to Courage featurette
- Hollywood backstories: The Longest Day
- D-Day Revisited documentary
- Richard Zanuck on The Longest Day featurette
- Still gallery
- Original theatrical trailer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby Digital 4.0 - English, French, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Robert Mitchum, John Wayne & Henry Fonda|
|Performer:||Richard Burton, Sean Connery, Paul Anka, Robert Wagner, Red Buttons, Eddie Albert, Curd Jürgens, Richard Todd, Peter Lawford, Rod Steiger, Irina Demick, Gert Fröbe, Edmond O'Brien & Kenneth More|
|Directed by||Ken Annakin, Andrew Marton, Bernhard Wicki & Gerd Oswald|
|Edited by||Samuel E. Beetley|
|Screenwriting by||Cornelius Ryan, Romain Gary, James Jones, David Pursall & Jack Seddon|
|Composition by||Maurice Jarre|
|Art Direction by||Léon Barsacq, Vincent Korda & Ted Haworth|
|Story by||Cornelius Ryan|
|Produced by||Darryl F. Zanuck|
|Director of Photography:||Jean Bourgoin & Walter Wottitz|
Academy Awards 1962 - Best Cinematography: Jean Bourgoin & Walter Wottitz
Academy Awards 1962 - Best Sound Effects
Academy Awards 1962 - Best Special Effects
This stunningly realised 1962 restaging of D-Day is the last great war epic.
[I]t's hard not to admire the logistical ingenuity with which Darryl Zanuck put together a production of this size.
Sight and Sound
...John Sturges' robust POW actioner follows the template he set with THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN... .It's turns from Dickie Attenborough and David McCallum that provide the heart...
Rating: 5/5 -- Still holds up as the best D-Day picture ever made. Full Review
Over-long and laden with the usual national stereotypes. Full Review
Rating: B -- Longest film imaginable at three-hours, which proves to be a hinderance. Full Review
Ozus' World Movie Reviews
Whatever his talent as a producer, Mr. Zanuck is no director. I'm sure he is an ardent patriot, but he has, quite unconsciously, made our own colonels and generals look rather silly. Full Review
An all-star cast enlists for this epic recreation of the Allied invasion of Normandy. Academy Award Nominations: 5, including Best Picture. Academy Awards: Best (Black-and-White) Cinematography.
An all-star cast enlists for this epic recreation of the Allied invasion of Normandy that took place on June 6, 1944. The film dramatises the viewpoints of the French, English, German, and American soldiers. Featured actors include John Wayne, Robert Mitchum, Henry Fonda, Richard Burton, Sean Connery, and many more.
Action | Big Battles | Classic | World War II | All-Star | Epic | Recommended | Theatrical Release | Essential Cinema
- Shot in CinemaScope.
- Sales Rank: 2,090
- UPC: 024543957676
- Shipping Weight: 0.33/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 2 items
John Wayne Collection - 4 Film Favorites (They Were... (DVD)
$12.10 Super Savings
George Montgomery Action Adventure Collection (Guerillas in...
$9.40 Super Savings