Assassination conspiracy? The possibility is frightening.
|You Save:||$2.68 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 31 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: October 23, 2007
- Originally Released: 1973
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Mono 1.0 English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Burt Lancaster, Robert Ryan & Will Geer|
|Directed by||David Miller|
Rating: 3/5 -- Borderline interesting, conspiracy-based Kennedy assassination stuff.
While not thoroughly convincing it is consistently engrossing. Full Review
Rating: B+ -- The film, a worthwhile watch, was ignored by both the public and media. Full Review
Ozus' World Movie Reviews
By and large, this is an engrossing picture. Full Review
Los Angeles Free Press
Rating: 4/5 -- Corajoso para sua época, traz um roteiro incomodamente plausível (e extremamente bem pesquisado) de Dalton Trumbo e uma montagem didática e tensa.
Cinema em Cena
Rating: 2/4 -- This is essentially a dramatized rewrite of all those old assassination conspiracy books. Full Review
The subject of a secret conspiracy to assassinate JFK is the theme of this drama. This was Robert Ryan's last film.
A group of men from the government, military, and industry conspire to assassinate President John F. Kennedy, out of concern that JFK might pull US forces out of Vietnam.
- "Executive Action" story writer Mark Lane previously produced the Emile de Antonio documentary "Rush to Judgment" (1967). Both the film and the Mark Lane book it was based on refuted the Warren Commission's report on the assassination of President John F. Kennedy and advanced Lane's own conspiracy theory. Lane posited that had Kennedy won the 1964 election, he would have ended all US involvement in the Vietnam conflict. Right-wing forces, fearing this, felt an assassination was necessary to protect US interests.
- The 1973 film preceded "JFK" in mixing black & white documentary footage with staged fictional color film, shot on location. This low-budget film was released around the tenth anniversary of the November 22, 1963 assassination.
- Film was actor Robert Ryan's last project before his death.
- Producer Edward Lewis later went on to help Costa-Gavras get financing for the political-conspiracy-thriller "Missing".
Confessions From The Grassy Knoll: FBI Agents Re-Examine...
$12.50 Super Savings
Please Murder Me (1956) / A Life At Stake (1954) (Film Noir...
$5.95 on Sale
Mr. Wong Detective - The Complete Collection (Mr. Wong...
$16.95 on Sale
Rock Rock Rock! (Includes Bonus 1955 Rhythm & Blues Review)
$5.95 on Sale
Harlem Double Feature: Juke Joint (1947) / Reet, Petite,...
$5.95 on Sale