Ride across the sea inside the GIANT PINK SEA SNAIL!
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.40 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.60 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Rated: G
- Run Time: 2 hours, 31 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: April 25, 2006
- Originally Released: 1967
- Label: 20Th Century Fox
- Packaging: Keep Case - Sensormatic
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 4.0 - English
- Stereo - English, French
- Subtitles - English, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Samantha Eggar, Anthony Newley, Peter Bull, William Dix & Richard Attenborough|
|Directed by||Richard Fleischer|
|Edited by||Samuel E. Beetley & Marjorie Fowler|
|Written by||Leslie Bricusse|
|Art Direction by||Jack Martin Smith & Ed Graves|
|Produced by||Arthur P. Jacobs|
|Director of Photography:||Robert Surtees|
Academy Awards 1967 - Best Original Song: Leslie Bricusse
Academy Awards 1967 - Best Special Visual Effects
Rating: 2/5 -- The music is not exceptional, the rendering of the songs lacks variety, and the pace, under Richard Fleischer's direction, is slow and without surprise. Indeed, toward the end it is perfunctory. Things happen mechanically. Full Review
New York Times
Rating: 2/5 -- Not even a decent performance from Richard Attenborough can save this disappointing production. Full Review
Rating: D -- One of the worst films to be ever nominated for the Best Picture Oscar and one of the weakest Hollywood musicals of the 1960s. Full Review
Click to read the article. Full Review
Rating: 4/5 -- Animal-friendly, kid-friendly classic. Full Review
Common Sense Media
Rating: 3.5/5 -- The lush sets and presentation are a big disconnect with the silly story, but that ultimately turns out to be part of the joy of the movie.
Rating: 3/5 -- Glossy, overlong, but still fun kids' musical with Rex Harrison in good form.
A musical about an English doctor who becomes disillusioned with human beings and travels off to commune with the birds and the beasts. After learning 468 animal languages, he sets off to find the mythical Great Pink Sea Snail. Based on Hugh Lofting's stories from the 20's. Academy Award Nominations: 9, including Best Picture, Best Original Music Score. Academy Awards: Best Special Visual Effects, Best Song ("Talk to the Animals").
- Part of the FoxVideo "Family Features" series.
- The song "Something In Your Smile," sung by Rex Harrison, was cut out of the film before it was released.
- Additional Crew: John Myers (Sound)
- Animals and birds supplied by Jungleland.
- Shot in Todd-AO. Released in 70M. Color by DeLuxe.
- A 144-minute version also exists.
- An Apjac production.
Sesame Street: 123 Count With Me / Learning About Letters (DVD)
$12.10 Super Savings
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Turtles at the Earth's Core... TOP 100 Bestseller
$1.98 on Sale
It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown [Deluxe Ed.]
$15.40 Super Savings