Bobby Vinton Live At The Copa / Drive-In Movie Time
|You Save:||$0.89 (5% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-4 business days
item number: W9FV
Products with a similar style:
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Collectables Records
- 1.The Sheik Of Araby
- 2.Oh Marie
- 3.If I Ruled The World From The Musical Production "Pickwick"
- 4.Medley: I've Got A Woman / I'm Henry Viii, I Am
- 5.Hits Medley: There! I've Said It Again /Roses Are Red (My Love)/Washington Square / Blue Velvet
- 6.Ya Got Trouble From The Musical Production "The Music Man"
- 7.International Medley: To Ti Daro Di Piu / C'est Si Bon (It's So Good)/Cuando Calienta El Sol / Hupi Schupi / Hava Nagila
- 8.Old Macdonald Medley: Sing Sing Sing / When The Saints Go Marching In / The Girl From Ipanema / At The Darktown Strutters Ball
- 9.Mr. Lonely
- 10.Old Time Medley: If You Knew Susie Like I Know Susie / When My Baby Smiles At Me / Some Of These Days / The Yankee Doodle Boy / Rock-A-Bye Your Baby With A Dixie Melody
- 11.Bei Mir Bist Du Schon (Means That Your're Grand)
- 12.Chim Chim Cher-Ee From "Mary Poppins"
- 13.Around The World From "Around The World In Eighty Days"
- 14.Theme From "A Summer Place"
- 15.Goldfinger From "Goldfinger"
- 16.Moon River From "Breakfast At Tiffany's"
- 17.Never On Sunday From "Never On Sunday"
- 18.More From "Mondo Cane"
- 19.The Song From Moulin Rouge (Where Is Your Heart) From "Moulin Rouge"
- 20.From Russia With Love From "Russia With Love"
- 21.Theme From "Harlow" From "Lonely Girl"
- 22.The Exodus Song From "Exodus"
- 23.Dear Heart From "Dear Heart"
2 LPs on 1 CD: LIVE AT THE COPA (w/ The Village Stompers) (1966)/DRIVE-IN MOVIE TIME (1965).
Originally released on Epic.
Personnel: Bobby Vinton (vocals).
Liner Note Author: Al Fichera.
Recording information: The Copa (05/26/1965-06/03/1966).
Unknown Contributor Role: The Village Stompers.
Arranger: Robert Mersey.
The two albums combined on this discount-priced reissue are quite different from each other, but they are similar in both being distinct from the bulk of Bobby Vinton's record releases. Programmed in reverse chronological order, Live at the Copa, recorded in June 1966, and Drive-In Movie Time, recorded in May and June 1965, represent different sides of Vinton that were not seen as frequently by his mass audience as his more familiar ballad-singing style, which brought him a string of hit records in the 1960s and '70s. Not surprisingly, neither of them made the charts. To take them in their correct order, Drive-In Movie Time is an album of screen songs no doubt prompted by Vinton's assignment to sing the theme song for the 1965 movie Harlow on the film's soundtrack. He assembled another 11 songs from movies of the late '50s and early '60s, and tried his hand. He is better at some than at others, notably negotiating the Henry Mancini melodies "Moon River" and "Dear Heart" well, but not "GoldFinger," a song that demands something more dramatic than his callow style. Also, some of the songs are better remembered for their melodies than for the lyrics written for them later, which occasionally makes hearing these vocal versions odd. Live at the Copa finds Vinton performing in an overtly show-business style, coming off more as an all-around entertainer than as the boyish singer of "Blue Velvet" and similar hits. He tells jokes, leads singalongs, and performs a wide range of material, from "Hava Nagila" to the patter song "Ya Got Trouble" from The Music Man. On his studio records, Vinton might come off as a soft rock balladeer, but Live at the Copa suggested that deep inside him beat the heart of a Rat Pack wannabe. ~ William Ruhlmann
Patti PageSay Wonderful Things / Love After Midnight (CD)
Jerry ValeBe My Love / Have You Looked Into Your Heart (CD)
Jerry ValeYou Don't Have To Say You Love Me / I Don't Know How To... (CD)
Dionne WarwickHere Where There Is Love (CD)
$13.80 Super Savings
Bobby VintonMr. Lonely / Country Boy (CD)
Andy WilliamsAndy Williams Show / You've Got A Friend (CD)
Bobby VintonTell Me Why / Songs For Lonely Nights (CD)
Bobby VintonRoses Are Red: 40 Original Recordings (2-CD)
$7.10 Super Savings
Bobby VintonRoses are Red and Other Songs for the Young and Sentimental... (CD)
$13.10 Super Savings
Bobby VintonKissin' Christmas: The Bobby Vinton Christmas Album (CD)
- Sales Rank: 10,474
- UPC: 090431744123
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
100 Christmas Hits (4-CD)
Top Hits of the 60s (2-CD)
The 1962 R&B Hits Collection (4-CD)
$22.70 Super Savings
$10.60 Super Savings
Greatest Polka Hits of All Time
16 Most Requested Songs
The Very Best Of Ed Ames
Sentimental Journey (2-CD)
$9.70 Super Savings
My Name Is Barbra
Essential Collection (3-CD)
$27 Super Savings
Ultimate Collection [Import]