|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12.80 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.18 (15% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-5 business days
- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 16, 2004
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: Lions Gate
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Rebecca De Mornay|
|Performer:||Vincent Spano, Frank Langella & Donovan Leitch|
|Directed by||Roger Vadim|
Rating: 3/4 -- the role Brigette Bardot was born to play, and it is the role for which she will most likely be remembered Full Review
Q Network Film Desk
...DeMornay has thrown herself deeply into the part and makes a strong impression...
Rating: 5/10 -- These days, 'And God Created Woman' isn't very scandalous, just slow and awkward.
Rating: 2/4 -- Movies like this frustrate me because they do not have enough ambition to match their imagination. Full Review
A beautiful free spirit whose only want is to play Rock 'n' Roll finds her spontaneous style always gets her in trouble. With a smitten politician in one hand and a husband in the other, she creates her own rules - then breaks them.
A female convict escapes from jail and hitches a ride from a gubernatorial candidate. He takes her back to prison, but she meets a man and convinces him to marry her in order to qualify for early parole. She sets the terms for the marriage "arrangement," has little interest in the marital conventions, and uses her freedom instead to start a rock and roll band. She also takes up with the candidate while his wife is away, and in the process almost betrays her efforts to start a better life.
- Although this film is based on Roger Vadim's earlier "Et Dieu... crea la femme" ("And God Created Woman"), the story was changed substantially. The earlier version launched Brigitte Bardot to international stardom.
- Shot on location in Santa Fe, New Mexico.