|SUPER SAVINGS:||$13 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.98 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 33 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 5, 1999
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Surround - English
- Dolby Surround - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Film Highlights
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Production Notes
- DVD-ROM Features:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Burt Reynolds & Norman D. Golden II|
|Performer:||Ray Sharkey, Ruby Dee, Holland Taylor, Rocky Giordani, Marc Macaulay, Tom McCleister & Frank Sivero|
|Directed by||Henry Winkler|
|Edited by||Dan Hanley & Roger Tweten|
|Screenwriting by||Arne Olsen|
|Composition by||Alan Silvestri|
|Produced by||Paul Maslansky|
|Director of Photography:||Bill Butler|
|Executive Production by||Tova Laiter|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"I'm your worst nightmare -- an 8-year-old with a badge."
- DEVON BUTLER (Norman Golden II)
...Reynolds and Golden work well together in the movie. They have a chemistry that seems based on friendship and a sense of humor...
...Quite a few [comic] moments...
New York Times
When a pint-sized 8-year-old kid witnesses a murder he offers to help the police--if they make him a cop, too. Saddled with this streetwise sidekick, a hardboiled cop is forced to take his new partner seriously as they race the clock to bring the bad guys to justice.
Devon Butler, a streetwise 8-year old, is about to get a shot at his lifelong dream of becoming a police officer. He's got the authoritative mannerisms down to a science but before Devon can realize his goal he's got to witness a murder, intervene on the victim's behalf and befriend disgruntled detective Nick Mckenna. Provided the youngster can manage it all without getting hurt in the process, his fantasy just might come true.
- Director-actor Henry Winkler was born on October 30, 1945. He attended Yale Drama School and went on the perform on the New York stage before landing the role for which he is most well known: Arthur Fonzerelli (a.k.a Fonzie and The Fonz) on the hit 1970s TV series "Happy Days."
- Imagine Films, which produced "Cop and a Half" is run by Ron Howard, who used to play Richie Cunningham opposite Henry Winkler's Fonz on "Happy Days."
- Ray Sharkey made his final screen appearance in this film.
- Rated BBFC PG by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Color by Deluxe.
NBC News - Buried Secrets: Cold Cases Uncovered (DVD) TOP 100 Bestseller
99¢ on Sale
National Lampoon - The Beach Party at the Threshold of Hell
$3.98 on Sale