The Wild Geese
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12.50 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.45 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours, 9 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 12, 2014
- Originally Released: 1978
- Label: Severin
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Note: The Wild Geese director - exclusive new interview with director Andrew V. McLaglen
- The Mercenary - exclusive new interview with military advisor Mike Hoare
- The Last of the Gentleman Producuers - documentary on producer Euan Lloyd featuring Lloyd, Roger Moore, Joan Armatrading, Ingrid Pitt & more
- Audio commentary with producer Euan Lloyd, star Roger Moore, second unit director John Glen. Moderated by filmmaker Jonathan Sothcott
- The Flight of The Wild Geese - vintage featurette
- The Wild Geese royal charity premiere newsreel
- Theatrical trailer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Richard Burton, Roger Moore, Richard Harris & Hardy Krüger|
|Performer:||Patrick Allen, Jeff Corey, Kenneth Griffith, Stewart Granger, Frank Finlay, Winston Ntshona & Hardy Krüger|
|Directed by||Andrew V. McLaglen|
|Edited by||John Glen|
|Screenplay by||Reginald Rose|
|Composition by||Roy Budd|
|Produced by||Euan Lloyd|
|Director of Photography:||Jack Hildyard|
[The film] delivers a cracking carbine-load of the ripe boys' own adventure...
The Wild Geese is a crackerjack adventure in the Navarone tradition -- wry, involving, suspenseful. Full Review
Rating: 1/4 -- Each actor seems to be trying to make it clear to us that he holds the screenplay in more contempt than the other two. Full Review
Rating: 5/5 -- When you're in the mood for a high-caliber, top-notch Brit action film, you can't do much better than "The Wild Geese". Full Review
...[A] well photographed feature....Winston Ntshona is well cast...
Rating: 3.5/4 -- For fans of such men-on-a-mission flicks like The Guns of Navarone and Where Eagles Dare, this is a gripping piece of entertainment. Full Review
A British industrialist recruits a group of mercenaries to penetrate the African wilderness and rescue a deposed political leader awaiting execution at the hands of a military despot. While the prisoner is a man with noble visions of racial reform, the industrialist who's financing the operation cares only about his own business interests. When the rescue mission is no longer to his advantage, the businessman decides to alter the course of events -- setting off an explosion of violence.
A band of war-hardened mercenaries journey into the heart of Africa to rescue the imprisoned leader of an African nation. A tough, gritty action adventure.
- Emanuel L. Wolff presentation; Anglo-Swiss Enterprise,
- Additional cast: Rosalind Lloyd (Heather); Brook Williams (Samuels); Ian Yule (Tosh); Patrick Allen (Rushton); Jane Hylton (Mrs. Young); Paul Spurrier (Emilio); Glyn Baker (Esposito); Sydney Chama (Clark).
- Jerry Donahue was additional music composer and performer on "Sonny's Theme (Dance of Death)."
- Shot in Eastmancolor and Panavision in the Messina Border Region, Tshipise, Transvaal, South Africa, Swaziland, and Twickenham Studios in UK.
- Copyright 1969 Lorimar Distribution.