The year is 2013. One man walked in off the horizon and hope came with him.
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12.10 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.88 (19% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours, 58 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 8, 2009
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Documentary Segment Detailing the Creation of Noteworthy Special Effects Sequences with Commentary by the Special Effects Creators Production Notes
- Theatrical Trailer
- Dual Layer
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Kevin Costner & Will Patton|
|Performer:||Larenz Tate, Olivia Williams, James Russo, Daniel von Bargen, Tom Petty, Scott Bairstow, Giovanni Ribisi, Shawn Hatosy, Roberta Maxwell, Joe Santos, Ron McLarty & Peggy Lipton|
|Directed by||Kevin Costner|
|Edited by||Peter Boyle|
|Screenwriting by||Eric Roth & Brian Helgeland|
|Composition by||James Newton Howard|
|Story by||David Brin|
|Produced by||Jim Wilson, Steve Tisch & Kevin Costner|
|Director of Photography:||Stephen F. Windon|
Rating: 1.5/4 -- Star/director Kevin Costner's futuristic folly The Postman is so loopy that, for a while, one wants to shield it from a critical storm that has already begun. Full Review
It's about as inspiring as a movie about a vengeful meter reader. Full Review
Rating: 2/5 -- Not as bad as everyone says, but still not worth seeing.
Northwest Herald (Crystal Lake, IL)
Rating: 1.5/4 -- There are those who will no doubt call The Postman the worst film of the year, but it's too good-hearted for that. Full Review
Rating: 5/10 -- The first half of Costner's The Postman is actually quite interesting, but it falters badly in the second half with a few unintentional howlers.
Rating: 1.5/4 -- Costner the director lavishes all sorts of attention on Costner the actor, from laughably reverential dialogue ("You give out hope like it was candy in your pocket") to loving close-ups to gauzy slow-motion montages. Full Review
Rating: 2/5 -- You can go with the idea of a heroic postie implausibly rallying the downtrodden, or you can have fun making fun of its awfulness. Full Review
In a post-apocalyptic, totally anarchic America, circa 2013, a defector from the ranks of murderous despot General Bethlehem masquerades as a representative of the good old U.S. Postal Service. But his ruse so delights the weary, oppressed people he meets that it indeed becomes real--and he finds himself championing their rights and the American Way. Adapted from the novel by David Brin.
- Although the film was not a critical or commercial hit when it was first released, Kevin Costner told the New York Daily News in late 2000, "I loved making THE POSTMAN. I understand they're showing it in school now to illustrate mythic heroes. Does it attach itself to me like some blemish' That's just cute journalism. I love that movie the way [Frank] Capra loved IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE."
Escape from Planet Earth (Retro Cover Art + Postcard) TOP 100 Bestseller
$5.95 on Sale
Sexpots From Space Double Feature: Voyage To The Planet of... TOP 100 Bestseller
$5.95 on Sale