Où s'arrête le pouvoir de sa voix?
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$36.30 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.65 (9% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 51 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region A
- Released: April 23, 2019
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Film Movement
- Note: Making-of Featurette
- Behind-the-Scenes Interviews
- New essay by Kenji Fujishima
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - French, Italian
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Stefano Dionisi, Elsa Zylberstein & Enrico Lo Verso|
|Performer:||Caroline Cellier, Marianne Basler, Jacques Boudet, Pier Paolo Capponi, Omero Antonutti & Jeroen Krabbé|
|Directed by||Gérard Corbiau|
|Edited by||Joëlle Hache|
|Produced by||Véra Belmont|
Stops you in your tracks and transports you to a phantasmagorical world where music, mystery and magic hold sway. Full Review
Spirituality and Practice
Rating: 2/4 -- Farinelli, one of the 1995 Oscar nominees in the foreign film category, is onto an interesting story, all right, but it leaves us feeling, like some of Farinelli's lovers, that something is missing. Full Review
...A drama of extraordinary complexity, rich in meaning....A triumph of taut control and superb structuring...
Los Angeles Times
...The film has a sleek, cultivated tone...
New York Times
Rating: 2.5/4 -- While visually vibrant and generally well-acted, Farinelli is strangely not very compelling. Full Review
...It's definitely worth a look and a listen...
Rating: B- -- This Oscar-nominated Belgian entry about catsration of boys who became phenomenal soprano opera singers is more bizarre than drmatically engaging, but the story is always fascinating and the movie nice to look at and listent to. Full Review
The life story of Carlo Broschi, who at age seven had surgery to become a castrato to preserve his sweet voice. He went on to become one of the most celebrated opera singers of the 18th century, taking on the name Farinelli. As his fame grows, tension builds with his less talented brother Riccardo. Golden Globe Winner, Best Foreign Film.
Director Gerard Corbiau explores the frustrations, painful insecurities and triumphs of Farinelli, (nee Carlo Broschi) the legendary 18th century castrato singer.
- Co-produced by Alinea Films & Studio Images (France); K2 Productions, RTL, TV1 (Belgium); and Italian International Film & MediaSet (Italy). Produced with the Participation of the CNC, FilmstiftlungNordhein Westfalen GmbH & Eurimages.
- Shot in Germany, Spain & Belgium.
- Farinelli (Carlo Broschi) lived between 1705-1782.
- Additional cast: Jacques Bourdet; Graham Valentine; Richard Reeves; Jonathan Fox; Josef Betzing; Karl-Heinz Dickmann; Stefan Mazel; and Wolfgang Grindemann.
- Additional credits: Yves Vandermeeren (camera operator); Anne de Laugardiere (costume designer); Kuno Schlegemilch (makeup & hair creation); Paul Le Marinel (chief makeup); Fabienne Bressan (chief hairstylist); Tirelli Costumi Roma (costumes); François Enginger, Jean-Claude Ventura, Fernando Pacheco (assistant directors).
The Trilogy (On the Run / An Amazing Couple / After Life)...
$3.98 Out of Stock
Address Unknown (WS) (Korean, Subtitled in English)
$3.98 on Sale
Karaoke Terror (The Complete Japanese Showa Songbook)...
$3.98 on Sale