|You Save:||$1.43 (7% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 2 hours, 50 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 2, 2010
- Originally Released: 1979
- Label: Shout Factory
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: "Bringing A Legend To Life" Featurette with Archival Interviews of Kurt Russell and John Carpenter (1979)
- Commentary by "The Voice Of Elvis" Ronnie McDowell and Author Edie Hand
- Rare Clips From American Bandstand
- Photo Gallery
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Kurt Russell & Shelley Winters|
|Performer:||Pat Hingle, Season Hubley, Bing Russell, Melody Anderson, Ed Begley, Jr., James Canning, Charles Cyphers, Peter Hobbs, Ellen Travolta, Will Jordan & Joe Mantegna|
|Directed by||John Carpenter|
|Edited by||Christopher Holmes & Ron Moler|
|Screenwriting by||Anthony Lawrence|
|Composition by||Joe Renzetti|
|Produced by||Anthony Lawrence|
|Director of Photography:||Donald M. Morgan|
|Executive Production by||Dick Clark|
Rating: 2/5 -- A performance de Russell é impecável; é como se víssemos o próprio Elvis. Porém, o fraco roteiro se limita a retratar momentos da vida deste, sem procurar conhecê-lo melhor.
Cinema em Cena
Carpenter directs Elvis with a restless camera and a surprising amount of dramatic restraint... -- Grade: B
Rating: 3.5/4 -- Respectful, unpretentious and elegant (a Carpenter characteristic), if somewhat ungainly in its substitution of California real estate for Memphis and Mississippi locations, the modestly budgeted 'Elvis' remains the definitive screen portrayal of Presley. Full Review
Commercial Appeal (Memphis, TN)
4 stars out of 5 -- Russell is the revelation. It's a full-on, near-perfect Elvis impression...
[John] Carpenter... puts the dramatic focus on the relationships and tricky social dynamic with the male friends who became Elvis support group and entourage. Full Review
3 stars out of 5 -- Nailing the lip curl and pelvis grind perfectly, Kurt Russell takes Elvis from dodging bullies in his schooldays to the eve of his '69 Vegas comeback.
Director John Carpenter teams up for the first time with his favorite actor, Kurt Russell, in this biography of Elvis Aaron Presley. Beginning with his humble beginnings as a country boy without a father, the film chronicles Elvis's journey to the height fame, his Las Vegas comeback, and his eventual death. The details of the King's life are dealt with in a sensitive, honest manner, focusing on both the success and the failure with equal weight. The personal tragedies of his family life give insight into the most famous entertainer of the twentieth century, and Russell delivers a layered, fully developed performance as Elvis Presley. John Carpenter shows he has the skills to tell a story that deals with universal human issues without exploiting the characters or the story, talents he further developed in his later films such as STARMAN and THE THING. The director does not hesitate to tackle the more difficult topics in Elvis's life, like drug use and the decline of his career, and ELVIS-THE MOVIE is all the better for it. A milestone in the development of John Carpenter as a master filmmaker.
Kurt Russell stars in this telefilm biography of Elvis Presley, from his teenage years, to his heyday of immense fame and fortune, to his Las Vegas comeback in 1969. The film also focuses on the King's family life, and how it affected his career.
- Released on TV in 1979.
- Kurt Russell lip-synched the songs, which were sung by country crooner Ronnie McDowell.
- Elvis Presley played a character in the 1969 film CHANGE OF HABIT named John Carpenter.
- Director John Carpenter and actor Kurt Russell later teamed up on THE THING, BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA, ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK and its sequel, ESCAPE FROM L.A.
- Kurt Russell and costar Season Hubley were once married.
- ELVIS - THE MOVIE was one of the highest-rated made-for-televison movies ever when it first aired.
- Kurt Russell played an Elvis-impersonating thief in 2001's 3000 MILES TO GRACELAND.
Elvis PresleyElvis Presley -That's the Way It Is (2-DVD Special Ed.)
$19 Super Savings
Elvis PresleyElvis Lives: 25th Anniversary Concert (Jewel Case)
The Duprees / Little Anthony & The ImperialsThe Duprees / Little Anthony & The Imperials - Night of... (DVD)
$3.98 Winter Sale
Meat LoafGuilty Pleasures Tour: Live from Sydney Australia (DVD)
$9.40 Super Savings