Capitalism: A Love Story (Blu-ray)
Ask not what your CEO can do for you, but what you can do for your CEO
|You Save:||$5.10 (51% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-5 business days
Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours, 7 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 9, 2010
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Starz / Anchor Bay
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Disc 1:
- Blu-ray exclusive! - Harvard profesor Elizabeth Warren on how Wall street got away with murder story, house-flippers and banks - you're tost in Fling, Mi
- Congressman Cummings dares to speak the unspeakable The Omnivore's Dilemma' It's capitalism
- The rich don't go to heaven (there's special place reserved for them!)
- How to run the place where you work
- Commie taxi drivers - "You Talkin' to Me'" - in Wisconsin
- What if, just if, we had listened to Jimmy Carter in 1979'
- The socialist bank of - Noth Dakota'
- The banks kick them out, Max kicks them back in
- NY Times pulitzer prize winner Chris Hedges on the killing machine known as capitalism
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby True HD 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Michael Moore|
|Screenwriting by||Michael Moore|
|Composition by||Jeff Gibbs|
|Produced by||Michael Moore & Anne Moore|
|Executive Production by||Kathleen Glynn, Harvey Weinstein & Bob Weinstein|
3 stars out of 4 -- CAPITALISM is impassioned, informative and entertaining....[The film] is as entertaining as ROGER & ME...
3 stars out of 5 -- [I]t's about the disturbing times we live in, in which the banks appear to be above government and event the law....A funny and provocative film...
Naturally, Moore also uses the film to promote himself and his view on the world. It's his usual shtick, and occasionally it's too much, but there is no hiding from the fact that it's a fun ride. Full Review
The National (UAE)
3 stars out of 5 -- With his trusty bullhorn and razor sharp comic skills at hand, Michael Moore stays true to formula and provides a funny economics lesson covering the recent Wall Street bailout, ongoing foreclosure crisis and the overall decline of American industry.
The value of "Capitalism, A Love Story" is not in the moviemaking, it's in the message, and the release that it gives to those struggling right now. Full Review
3.5 stars out of 4 -- The explosive CAPITALISM: A LOVE STORY is Moore's call to arms against the robber barons who shamelessly empty our pockets while we do nothing about it....Moore's fireball of a movie might change your life.
Rating: 4/5 -- Michael Moore has succeeded in getting a film on this subject actually released in cinemas: a very sharp and entertaining one at that. Full Review
Plenty of excitement--and controversy--is sure to surround this film from decorated documentarian Michael Moore. After previously taking on America's gun culture (BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE), the Bush administration (FAHRENHEIT 9/11), and America's healthcare crisis (SICKO), this timely film addresses what caused the financial crisis that stopped the world in 2008. CAPITALISM: A LOVE STORY finds Moore criticizing the government bailout of privately held businesses.
- Sales Rank: 33,035
- UPC: 013132136899
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item