|You Save:||$8.99 (60% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-5 business days
- On "Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers With Thelonious Monk", personnel are: Art Blakey (drums), Thelonius Monk (piano), Johnny Griffin (tenor sax), Bill Hardman (trumpet), Spanky DeBrest (bass). Originally released in 1958 as Atlantic 1278.
- "Blues At Carnegie Hall" features John Lewis (piano), Milt Jackson (vibes), Percy Heath (bass), Connie Kay (drums). Recorded during a benefit concert presented by the Manhattan School Of Music at Carnegie Hall, New York City. Originally released in 1967 as Atlantic 1468.
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Atlantic 1278 (1958)
- Original Album #2: Atlantic 1468 (1967)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Originally released in 1957, "With Thelonious Monk" is one of the rare instances where this legendary pianist recorded as a sideman, sharing billing on the album with Blakey. This album is paired with a blues-based live set from The Modern Jazz Quartet, recorded at a Manhattan School of Music benefit at Carnegie Hall in 1967.
- 2.In Walked Bud
- 3.Blue Monk
- 4.I Mean You
- 6.Purple Shades
- 7.Pyramid (Blues For Junior)
- 9.Really True Blues
- 10.Ralph's New Blues
- 11.Blues Milanese
- 12.Bags' Groove
's Jazz Messengers/The Modern Jazz Quartet.
2 LPs on 1 CD: Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers: WITH THELONIOUS MONK (1958)/The Modern Jazz Quartet: BLUES AT CARNEGIE HALL (1967).
Includes liner notes by Martin Williams and Alun Morgan.
WITH THELONIOUS MONK:
Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers: Art Blakey (drums); Johnny Griffin (tenor saxophone); Bill Hardman (trumpet); Spanky DeBrest (bass).
Additional personnel: Thelonious Monk (piano).
Originally released on Atlantic (1278).
BLUES AT CARNEGIE HALL:
The Modern Jazz Quartet: Milt Jackson (vibraphone); John Lewis (piano); Percy Heath (bass); Connie Kay (drums).
Recorded live at Carnegie Hall, New York, New York. Originally released on Atlantic (1468).
Personnel: Spanky DeBrest (trumpet); Johnny Griffin (piano); Thelonious Monk (drums).
Liner Note Authors: Alun Morgan; Martin Williams .
In 1999, Collectables released Jazz Messengers/Blues at Carnegie Hall, which contained two complete albums -- Jazz Messengers by Art Blakey and Thelonious Monk (1958, originally released on Atlantic) and Blues at Carnegie Hall by the Modern Jazz Quartet (1967, originally released on Atlantic) -- on one compact disc. ~ Jason Birchmeier
Max RoachMax Roach Trio Featuring The Legendary Hasaan / Drums... (CD)
$5.98 on Sale
Art FarmerInteraction (Featuring Jim Hall) / Sing Me Softly of The... (CD)
$5.98 on Sale
Shirley ScottShirley Scott & The Soul Saxes (King Curtis, Hank Crawford... (CD)
$8.98 on Sale
- Sales Rank: 858
- UPC: 090431627921
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul TOP 10 Bestseller
$3.98 on Sale
101: Number Ones of the 50s & 60s, Volume 1 (4-CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$9.98 on Sale
The Christmas Collection: All the Music You'll Need This... TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$3.98 on Sale