Alexandre Desplat The Grand Budapest Hotel
|You Save:||$0.38 (3% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
item number: 39AQS
- Released: March 3, 2014
- Originally Released: 2014
- Label: Abkco
- 1.s'Rothe-Zauerli - Ose Schuppel
- 2.Grand Budapest Hotel: The Alpine Sudetenwaltz
- 3.Grand Budapest Hotel: Mr. Moustafa
- 4.Grand Budapest Hotel: Overture: M. Gustave H
- 5.Grand Budapest Hotel: A Prayer for Madame D
- 6.Grand Budapest Hotel: The New Lobby Boy
- 7.Concerto for Lute and Plucked Strings: 1. Moderato
- 8.Grand Budapest Hotel: Daylight Express to Lutz
- 9.Grand Budapest Hotel: Schloss Lutz Overture
- 10.Grand Budapest Hotel: The Family Desgoffe und Taxis
- 11.Grand Budapest Hotel: Last Will and Testament
- 12.Grand Budapest Hotel: Up the Stairs / Down the Hall
- 13.Grand Budapest Hotel: Night Train to Nebelsbad
- 14.Grand Budapest Hotel: The Lutz Police Militia
- 15.Grand Budapest Hotel: Check Point 19 Criminal Internment Camp Overture
- 16.The Linden Tree
- 17.Grand Budapest Hotel: J.G. Jopling, Private Inquiry Agent
- 18.Grand Budapest Hotel: A Dash of Salt (Ludwig's Theme)
- 19.Grand Budapest Hotel: The Cold-Blooded Murder of Deputy Vilmos Kovacs
- 20.Grand Budapest Hotel: Escape Concerto
- 21.Grand Budapest Hotel: The War (Zero's Theme)
- 22.Grand Budapest Hotel: No Safe-House
- 23.Grand Budapest Hotel: The Society of the Crossed Keys
- 24.Grand Budapest Hotel: M. Ivan
- 25.Grand Budapest Hotel: Lot 117
- 26.Grand Budapest Hotel: Third Class Carriage
- 27.Grand Budapest Hotel: Canto at Gabelmeister's Peak
- 28.Grand Budapest Hotel: A Troops Barracks (Requiem for the Grand Budapest)
- 29.Grand Budapest Hotel: Cleared of All Charges
- 30.Grand Budapest Hotel: The Mystical Union
- 32.Grand Budapest Hotel: Moonshine (Traditional Arrangement)
Programmer: Romain Allender.
Audio Mixers: Wayne Lemmer; Christopher Scarabosio; Simon Rhodes .
Liner Note Authors: Wes Anderson ; Alexandre Desplat.
Recording information: Air Studios; Abbey Road Studios; Studio Guillaume Tell;.
One of the most traditional soundtracks for a Wes Anderson film, Grand Budapest Hotel's music sidesteps pop songs in favor of pieces that highlight the story's setting. Befitting a caper set at a Central European hotel in the '30s, Alexandre Desplat's score and performances by ensembles including the Osipov State Russian Folk Orchestra create a lavish, Old World feel. Budapest's orchestral pieces, which include "Concerto for Lute and Plucked Strings I. Moderato" and "The Linden Tree" are particularly charming, setting a genteel mood echoed by the traditional arrangement of "Moonshine." Meanwhile, Desplat's score feels akin to his twinkly, mischievous music for Fantastic Mr. Fox, which was a caper of another sort. Indeed, this might be one of the twinkliest scores to an Anderson film, which is saying something. However, Desplat gives these sparkles nuance and depth, creating an entire vocabulary from them that spans the dreamy "Mr. Moustafa," "Night Train to Nebelsbad"'s jazzy insistence, the lively wit of "The Society of the Crossed Keys," and the oddly comforting "The War (Zero's Theme)." Most excitingly, the high-stakes nature of a heist film like this one allows Desplat to inject more drama and suspense into Anderson's ultra-stylish world, and at times his pieces echo iconic scores such as Dr. Zhivago and The Third Man. The winding melody that is one of the score's major motifs takes on a sinister cast on "The Family Desgoffe und Taxis" and "J.G. Jopling, Private Inquiry Agent," while "The Lutz Police Militia" and "Last Will and Testament" add some menace -- however stylized -- to the proceedings. As always, the collaboration between Anderson, Desplat, and music supervisor Randall Poster sets the mood perfectly, whether that mood is innocence, mischief, mystery, or beauty. ~ Heather Phares
Mychael DannaLife Of Pi: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack [Australian...
$7.98 on Sale
Lust, Caution (Original NC-17 Rated Version) (Mandarin,...
$13 Super Savings