|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12.70 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.29 (15% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-4 business days
- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 50 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 26, 1999
- Originally Released: 1983
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: 56 Minute "Making Of" Featurette Directed by Laurent Bouzereau
- 9 Minutes of Deleted Scenes
- Trailers: SILVERADO
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Tom Berenger, Glenn Close, Jeff Goldblum, William Hurt, Kevin Kline, Mary Kay Place, Meg Tilly & JoBeth Williams|
|Directed by||Lawrence Kasdan|
|Edited by||Carol Littleton|
|Screenwriting by||Barbara Benedek & Lawrence Kasdan|
|Composition by||John Williams|
|Produced by||Michael Shamberg|
|Director of Photography:||John Bailey|
It's perceptive, affectionate and often very funny. Full Review
Funny and ferociously smart. Full Review
Rating: 4/5 -- College reunion film with mature themes won't interest teens. Full Review
Common Sense Media
Rating: 3.5/5 -- ...even though it's aware of their narcissism, The Big Chill still views its characters sympathetically, even when they do little to invite much sympathy themselves. Full Review
Rating: B -- An irresistibly satisfying cultural artifact. Full Review
It establishes a very interesting union between reality and fiction, between past and present, between errors and their correction. [Full Review in Spanish] Full Review
...[A] sweet, sharp, melancholy new comedy....The performances represent ensemble playing of an order Hollywood films seldom have time for...
New York Times
Seven members of a close-knit college group of friends are reunited fifteen years later after the eighth commits suicide. The funeral and reception lead to an extended weekend for all as they decide to spend time together pondering the recent events. Amidst a barrage of Motown classics, the members each offer little tidbits about their current lives while reminiscing about the past. In college, the absent and recently deceased Alex was the biggest and brightest star of the bunch but never seemed to get anywhere after being set loose in the real world. The slow acknowledgement that their champion never materialized leads the group in ever widening circles of thought. Discussions of their past lives and current bring about the realization that each has changed so much while remaining remarkably similar. Despite the tragic circumstances, the group disperses with renewed friendships and a newfound appreciation for life.
- Kevin Costner played Alex, the dead friend, but alas, all of his scenes were cut from the film. He can still be seen briefly in the opening titles.
- Vincent Canby, the New York Times film critic, named "The Big Chill" one of the ten-best films of 1983.
- Filmed on location in Beaufort, South Carolina. Shot in Metrocolor.
- Screened at the Toronto Film Festival and the New York Film Festival, where it was the opening film.
Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love... (DVD)
$12.70 Super Savings
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (40th Anniversary Ed.) (2-DVD)
$12.70 Super Savings
Laurel & Hardy - Best of Laurel & Hardy (6-DVD + Book) TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$5 Super Savings
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (Special Ed.) (Blu-ray + DVD)
$12.99 on Sale