|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.41 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.56 (30% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 23 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: May 13, 2008
- Originally Released: 1945
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Frank Sinatra, Kathryn Grayson & Gene Kelly|
|Performer:||José Iturbi, Dean Stockwell, Pamela Britton, Billy Gilbert, Henry O'Neill & James Burke|
|Directed by||George Sidney|
|Edited by||Adrienne Fazan|
|Screenwriting by||Isobel Lennart|
|Composition by||George Stoll|
|Produced by||Joe Pasternak|
|Director of Photography:||Charles P. Boyle & Robert Planck|
Academy Awards 1945 - Best Adapted or Musical Song/Score: George Stoll
Gangway for Sinatra and Kelly as song and dance lead the list of activities when sailors on shore leave fall in with a fatherless boy and his beautiful aunt. Includes the irresistible dance sequence with Kelly and Jerry, the cartoon mouse. Academy Award Nominations: 5, including Best Picture, Best Actor Gene Kelly, Best Song ("I Fall in Love Too Easily"). Academy Awards: Best Scoring of a Musical Picture.
Two sailors go on a four-day shore leave in Hollywood where, in their relentless effort to pick up girls, they become involved with a charming, fatherless boy who want to join the Navy and his beautiful aunt who's trying to get an audition with famous pianist José Iturbi.
- The film is well-known for a sequence in which Gene Kelly dances with Jerry (of "Tom and Jerry" fame) in one of the first pairings between a live actor and an animated figure.
- Shot in three-strip Technicolor.
- George Stoll won the Academy Award for Best Scoring of a Musical, though his credit in the film was Musical Director.
- All songs in the film sung by Frank Sinatra were written by Jule Styne and Sammy Cahn.
- Earl Brent was the vocal arranger for Kathryn Grayson.
- Gene Kelly's actual credit was for "Dance Sequences Creation."
- MGM Cartoon Studio provided the "Tom & Jerry" cartoon.
House of Wax (1953) / Mystery of the Wax Museum (1933) (FS) (DVD)
$10.41 Super Savings
- Sales Rank: 35,009
- UPC: 883929007608
- Shipping Weight: 0.21/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up... TOP 10 Bestseller
$1.98 ENDS TONIGHT
Plan 9 From Outer Space / The Ed Wood Story (Bonus Show) (DVD) TOP 10 Bestseller
$2.79 ENDS TONIGHT
Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful... (DVD-R) TOP 10 Bestseller
The Durango Kid Collection - 10 Western Classics (2-DVD) TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$7.98 ENDS TONIGHT
Jerry Lewis Triple Feature (Don't Raise the Bridge, Lower... (DVD) TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$7.98 ENDS TONIGHT
Lost TV Mystery Classics - The Shadow of the Cloak (DVD-R) TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
Bing Crosby - Screen Legend Franchise Collection (Waikiki... (DVD)
$6.98 ENDS TONIGHT