Live Awake: The Best of Live
|You Save:||$5.46 (39% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-5 business days
- Released: November 16, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Geffen Records
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Operation Spirit (The Tyranny of Tradition)
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Pain Lies on the Riverside
- $0.99 on iTunes3.The Beauty of Gray
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Selling the Drama
- $1.29 on iTunes5.I Alone
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Lightning Crashes
- $1.29 on iTunes7.All Over You
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Pillar of Davidson
- $0.99 on iTunes9.We Deal in Dreams - (previously unreleased)
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Lakini's Juice
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Turn My Head
- $1.29 on iTunes12.The Dolphin's Cry
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Run to the Water
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Dance With You
- $1.29 on iTunes15.Overcome
- $1.29 on iTunes16.Nobody Knows
- $1.29 on iTunes17.Heaven
- $0.99 on iTunes18.Run Away
- $0.99 on iTunes19.I Walk the Line
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Live: Ed Kowalczyk (vocals); Patrick Dahlheimer, Chad Gracey, Chad Taylor .
Personnel: Jerry Harrison, Michael Railton (keyboards).
Additional personnel: Shelby Lynne (vocals); Jerry Harrison, Michael Railton.
Audio Mixers: Jerry Harrison; David Vartanian; Tim Palmer; Tom Lord-Alge.
Liner Note Author: Ed Kowalczyk.
Photographers: David Sestak; Ross Halfin; Michael Wilson ; Eddie Malluk; Danny Clinch.
This 19-track greatest-hits collection provides a satisfying overview of one of the most popular heavy-rock acts of the mid-1990s. In the post-grunge era, when "alternative" became a byword for sincere, hard-hitting music with a thunderous guitar attack, Live dominated the charts by blending alt-rock muscle with the brainy, melodic sensibility of bands like R.E.M. and U2. AWAKE represents the band's best moments and, since it gives equal shrift to each of their six albums, serves as an economical career retrospective as well.
"Operation Spirit (The Tyranny of Tradition)" and "Pain Lies on the Riverside," from Live's first album, MENTAL JEWELRY, kick off the set. Both are swirling, tense rock songs driven by a popping, near-funk bass line. THROWING COPPER, the group's sophomore effort, is represented here by the mega-hits "Selling the Drama" (a contemplative rocker), the churning "I Alone," and the forbidding ballad "Lightning Crashes." Though Live's later records didn't match the commercial success of their first two, the orchestral drama of "Overcome," the furious "Lakini's Juice," and even a moody cover of Johnny Cash's "I Walk the Line" prove that the music didn't diminish in quality, even as Live passed out of the mainstream spotlight. A winning collection, AWAKE testifies to Live's conviction and power.
LiveLive at the Paradiso Amsterdam [Australian Import]
$8.98 on Sale