The Flying Burrito Brothers California Jukebox
Vinyl LP Details
- Released: March 27, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Icehouse Records
- $0.99 on iTunes1.San Fernando Road
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Windfall
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Sweet Susannah - (with Jo-El Sonnier)
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Back to Bayou Teche
- $0.99 on iTunes5.California Jukebox
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Buckaroo - (with Buck Owens)
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Tomorrow We'll Do It Again
- $0.99 on iTunes8.World Without You - (with Sonny Landreth)
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Dance, Dance, Dance
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Willin'
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Two Hearts
- $0.99 on iTunes12.I Ain't Livin' Long Like This - (with Will Jennings)
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Take a Walk on the Edge
- $0.99 on iTunes14.My Baby's Gone - (with Charlie Louvin)
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Cjb Revisited
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
The Flying Burrito Brothers: Floyd "Gib" Guilbeau (vocals, fiddle); John Beland (guitar, mandolin, harmonica, vocals); Larry Patton (bass, vocals);
Gary Kubal (drums); "Sneaky" Pete Kleinow.
Additional personnel: Will Jennings, Jo-el Sonnier, Charlie Louvin (vocals); Buck Owens (acoustic guitar); Sonny Landreth (slide guitar).
Personnel: John Beland (vocals, guitar, mandolin, harmonica, accordion, castanets); Gib Guilbeau (vocals, fiddle); Larry Patton, Waylon Jennings, Billy Thomas, Charlie Louvin (vocals); Buck Owens (acoustic guitar); Sonny Landreth (electric guitar); Al Perkins (slide guitar, lap steel guitar); Sneaky Pete Kleinow (steel guitar); Jo-El Sonnier (accordion); Tony Harrell (keyboards); Gary Kubal (drums).
Recording information: Dead Horse Studios, Las Vegas, NM; Fat Tracks, Bakershield, CA; Main Frame Digital Studio, Nashville, TN; Tyler Trax Studio, Hendersonville, TN.
Ensemble: The Flying Burrito Brothers.
Photographer: Alan Messer.
Unknown Contributor Role: Tony Harrell.
While many people gave up on the Flying Burrito Brothers after Gram Parsons (or Chris Hillman, or Rick Roberts, or...) left, the band continued in various incarnations for decades, usually with pedal steel player Sneaky Pete Kleinow at the helm. Frankly, many of the releases by these latter-day Burrito Brothers have been disappointing. However, 1997's CALIFORNIA JUKEBOX is a most pleasant surprise, the album on which the Burritos finally take note of trends in country-rock post-dating their own heyday. In particular, this album contains an intriguing pair of covers from alt.country youngsters, Son Volt's "Windfall" and the Jayhawks' "Two Hearts." Both songs sound like they could have been recorded during the sessions for THE GILDED PALACE OF SIN, proving the Burritos' enduring legacy to generations of country-rockers. The originals, mostly by singers John Beland and Gib Guilbeau, recall the rustic rock of John Hiatt or late-period Marshall Crenshaw. A fine return to form.
Golden Country: 50 Tracks From The Golden Age Of Country... TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$5.98 on Sale
Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD)
$5.98 on Sale